New Tint!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 24 comments
  • 1,042 views

Jordan

Administrator
Messages
24,966
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Jordan
Messages
GTP_Jordan
I got the wonderful gift of re-tinting this Christmas, and I'm very happy with how it turned out! My previous tint was a ugly 35% platinum Llumar film, but it has now been replaced 18% FormulaOne charcoal tint. It's really good stuff! Here's a few quick pictures I snapped after it was done (week before last).

Here's a quick before and after...you can really see how much you could see inside my car with the old tint.

BEFORE:
IMG_9011.sized.jpg


AFTER:
IMG_9482.sized.jpg


IMG_9478.sized.jpg


IMG_9479.sized.jpg
 
Looks good!
 
Congrats. What's in store for the G35? I see the rims and figure that there's more in store.
 
Looks great :)
 
That's pretty cool but I always liked the regular windows because, you know, if I'm driving an awesome car I want to be seen driving it. But I also guess you could do it for security purposes. It looks pretty good though! :) 👍

I absolutley love that car!!
 
Thanks, guys.

Congrats. What's in store for the G35? I see the rims and figure that there's more in store.
This tint was pretty much the last thing I wanted done to the car. It's blisteringly fast, handles like a mother, sounds great, with a great Bose sound system. I just love everything about the car right now so I can't justify spending any more on it.

That's pretty cool but I always liked the regular windows because, you know, if I'm driving an awesome car I want to be seen driving it. But I also guess you could do it for security purposes. It looks pretty good though!
Well, that can be a little awkward at times (it was with my old tint), especially when you pull up next to a car full of questionable ogling characters. Besides, girls can really only come up to you when you're getting in and out of the car anyway, so the tint doesn't matter! :D
 
Thats a very nice looking car Jordan. 👍
 
Jordan
Thanks, guys.

This tint was pretty much the last thing I wanted done to the car. It's blisteringly fast, handles like a mother, sounds great, with a great Bose sound system. I just love everything about the car right now so I can't justify spending any more on it.

Well, that can be a little awkward at times (it was with my old tint), especially when you pull up next to a car full of questionable ogling characters. Besides, girls can really only come up to you when you're getting in and out of the car anyway, so the tint doesn't matter! :D

Heh, I guess you're right. That could get quite annoying at times I'm sure.

BTW- What do you mean by "questionable ogling characters." Just curious. :dopey:
 
Raptor65
Heh, I guess you're right. That could get quite annoying at times I'm sure.

BTW- What do you mean by "questionable ogling characters." Just curious. :dopey:
Like, thugs and gangstas be checkin ma dubs out, yo. They be wantin. :nervous:
 
Jordan
Like, thugs and gangstas be checkin ma dubs out, yo. They be wantin. :nervous:
:lol: Yeah I dont like that feeling at all. But I am surrounded by rich white people around here (no offense to anyone here) so I am good. :D BTW we got these wheel locks from Honda in our 04 Accord ex V6 and on our 02 oddessy ex. But I dont think Toyota offered this option on the 04 Corolla S so we dont have it on that.
 
it it possible to get different tail covers?

i think the tail lights should just be the ovals....or at least have the excess covering cut off.

i think your car is great jordan, but as you can tell, im not a fan of those G35 rears.
 
B-E-A-utiful car! Looks great! 10/10!

(No wonder it won Car & Driver's Car of the Year!)
 
Sweet looking car jordan.

Sorry but I couldn't resist but to make the side view a little, shorter. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it, or ban me. :dopey:
G35mini.jpg

Good luck with the car, looks good.
 
OmicroN
Sweet looking car jordan.

Sorry but I couldn't resist but to make the side view a little, shorter. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it, or ban me. :dopey:
G35mini.jpg

Good luck with the car, looks good.

That looks like a life size micro machine :lol: . I want one.
 
:lol: That's great, Omicron!!!
 
L1ama0079
Isn't tint illegal in the front, watch out for cops Jordan
I think it is, up until a certain darkness... I know here in NJ, it's 5% tint in the front, and unlimited in the back, I think. A lot of people get away with the darker ones around here with the "fade" tint, where it gets lighter as it goes up the window.

And welcome to GTP! :D
 
L1ama0079
Isn't tint illegal in the front, watch out for cops Jordan
I dont see tint in the front? I only see it up top in the front but thats legal since we also have it. On two cars.
 
OmicroN
Sweet looking car jordan.

Sorry but I couldn't resist but to make the side view a little, shorter. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it, or ban me. :dopey:
G35mini.jpg

Good luck with the car, looks good.
haha !.. That's an awesome chop 👍
 
Back