New to driving games, transmission wont engage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wahoo91
  • 1 comments
  • 499 views
Messages
3
Just started playing driving games, and am driving a Mitsubishi Lancer in GT5. Using a Logitech G27 when driving this car and shifting, very frequently the transmission will not engage in the attempted gear.

Most of the time, it will engage at the next lower gear, but not always. Occasionally I must put it all the way into 1st gear, almost regardless of speed, and then work back up to higher gears.

I am sure I am doing something very noobish, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Just second car in the game, after the Vitz, which I didnt have any problems shifting gears like I do with the Mitsubishi Lancer.
 
Well you need to whatch your RPM,s if they are too high it wont let you enguage the gear because if you did you would blow the pistons through the bottom of the oil pan. buy the time you find a gear you have probly scrubed off enough speed that it lets you select a lower gear. Learning to heal toe brake would help alot with this problem.

Hope this helps
 
Back