New to Forza..coming from PS4(PC2, assetto corsa, GTS)

• Thread starter jaynnc
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
My wife won a xbox one in a raffle and gave it to me...So I ran and picked up forza 7...First off, Forza content is on a new level....My only concern is that with so many cars, it obvious you wont be getting great true to life car sounds and physics to every car but okay on the cars ii have tried already....I have a fanatec 2.5, porsche wheel and drivehub....For some reason, the vibrations and FFB in the wheel feels very weird.....Almost like fake vibrations/FFB....TOTALLY different than the other racing games I have....Is this normal or am I doing something wrong...I also notice that there is no adjustments to make with the wheel and pedals(caliberate) in the game that i know of....Can anyone give some sound advice.....

When you go into the settings for your controller, press the "X" button and it will take you to the advanced options. Once in the advanced settings you can try these settings as a starting point and adjust for your liking.
All deadzones 0-100
FFB scale: 50
Vibration scale: 100
Wheel Rotation 540
Steering linearity 50
FFB understeer 15-25
FFB minimum force 80
Damper scale 20
Center spring scale 25
Set Wheel to Normal Steering as opposed to Simulation steering and give it a go. Enjoy the game with a wheel, its great fun. I am using the Fanatec CSL Elite for XBox 1

You'll want the FFB set higher on the Prosche wheel than what you would use on the Elite as it has less FFB in general.

I have both here, I also would not set the linearity, damper or center spring.

I have both here, I also would not set the linearity, damper or center spring.
I thought that linearity at 50 was the default setting? When I go lower than 20 on the damper, I get an oscillation in the wheel that I can't deal with.

I thought that linearity at 50 was the default setting? When I go lower than 20 on the damper, I get an oscillation in the wheel that I can't deal with.

Yes 50 is the default setting

I am more used to the PC version and I see that currently I do have some damper and linearity set even on it though i have had it with those all turned off and it felt more realistic though to light when going very slow. Not sure if I had linearity down or not. Now am thinking I left that at 50 and set everything below that to 0 as a test on the PC version with the elite wheel. I am also running FFB at 100 in game but 60 on the wheel and sensitivity at max in game and 600 on wheel.

I'll have to play around with the settings on the XB1, just got my drive hub the other day but the wheel feels better on the PC version than on the XB1 through the drive hub.

I'll try your settings on the XB1 and see if it feels better.

Last edited:
Yes 50 is the default setting

I am more used to the PC version and I see that currently I do have some damper and linearity set even on it though i have had it with those all turned off and it felt more realistic though to light when going very slow. Not sure if I had linearity down or not. Now am thinking I left that at 50 and set everything below that to 0 as a test on the PC version with the elite wheel. I am also running FFB at 100 in game but 60 on the wheel and sensitivity at max in game and 600 on wheel.

I'll have to play around with the settings on the XB1, just got my drive hub the other day but the wheel feels better on the PC version than on the XB1 through the drive hub.

I'll try your settings on the XB1 and see if it feels better.
I would be very interested in your thoughts on the Drive Hub with the Xbox 1. I haven't seen anyone comment on the "Fanalogic" aspect of using the Drive Hub with Forza 7 and a Fanatec Wheel. Is it worth the cost for the added FFB? Can you feel any difference?

I received my Drivehub last Friday and promptly hooked up my G29 and booted Forza. Took a while to get the FFB settings feeling right.

Had to decrease vibration to 10 to stop the silly pulsating round corners and heavy braking.

I will double check my settings when I get home! I did also find that I had to unplug and reinitialise the DriveHub sometimes as it wouldn't be given anything other than very stick FFB off centre.

I do find Normal steering is a bit like cheating though as it automatically corrects oversteer for you...

Last edited:
I received my Drivehub last Friday and promptly hooked up my G29 and booted Forza. Took a while to get the FFB settings feeling right.

Had to decrease vibration to 10 to stop the silly pulsating round corners and heavy braking.

I will double check my settings when I get home! I did also find that I had to unplug and reinitialise the DriveHub sometimes as it wouldn't be given anything other than very stick FFB off centre.

I do find Normal steering is a bit like cheating though as it automatically corrects oversteer for you...

Normal steering does not correct oversteer not sure what you are talking about there, It is very easy to spin out using normal steering. With sim steering it is very difficult to control any car once it gets more than a tiny bit loose maybe you are thinking of assisted steering instead or maybe have the controller input filters turned on?

There are some settings on the FFB that can make the wheel want to correct oversteer to a point and this is a good thing as it feels more real when driving.

Normal steering does not correct oversteer not sure what you are talking about there, It is very easy to spin out using normal steering. With sim steering it is very difficult to control any car once it gets more than a tiny bit loose maybe you are thinking of assisted steering instead or maybe have the controller input filters turned on?

There are some settings on the FFB that can make the wheel want to correct oversteer to a point and this is a good thing as it feels more real when driving.

Forgive my ignorance to what Normal Steering does. I feel like it's assisted. Maybe that's a better term. :)

I would be very interested in your thoughts on the Drive Hub with the Xbox 1. I haven't seen anyone comment on the "Fanalogic" aspect of using the Drive Hub with Forza 7 and a Fanatec Wheel. Is it worth the cost for the added FFB? Can you feel any difference?

I've only used it in one mode so far, mostly I am playing on the PC with the wheel attached directly but have been using the drive hub a bit on the XB1. I think I am in the fanalogic mode as I am pretty sure it shows an FL when it boots the wheel. Anyway it seems to work pretty well, better since I changed some settings in game. The only gripes I have so far other than it not coming with a manual is that 1: You can not use the headset unless you have a second controller apparently and 2; ACL must be set to off on the wheel before it will work.

I did try turning the damper down in game, I set it as low as it will go and I get no issues, not sure why you would see oscillation. Perhaps some setting on the wheel itself?

I have my wheel set at SEN 600, FF 60, SHO 100, ABS 75 and everything else 0 or off. I do change the SEN on some cars/tracks though normally i run 600 but in some cases I run 480 and in others 900

I was playing around with the drive hub today on the xbox 1 I tried it in both Fanatec Mode and Fanalogic mode, to be honest I could not tell much difference between the two or at least not in the car/track I was working with. Ran a few laps in each mode on Watkins Glenn in the old 250 California there may have been a slight bit more vibration from the rim motors in fanalogic mode but I am not sure that is a good thing actually. Basically it seemed pretty close to the same though for some reason I felt that Fanatec mode felt a little better though I am not sure it actually did ;)

At any rate it felt pretty good in both modes and I was able to get it to work with ACL set to ON as well so only issue I have now is getting a headset to work while using it. Overall for $89 I am very happy with it at this point.

Back