New to Forza

Hey guys, I'm new to Xbox and Forza, and maybe I'm dumber than I look, but I'm having the worst time with this DLC format. I've purchased a couple car packs without issue (or seemingly so), but the Season pass is giving me a bit of trouble. After buying said Season pass, I cannot locate where to download the included free car packs (NOV thru Apr and Muscle cars as described). From the Dashboard, I select the game details, then extras and display all DLC available. Each car pack I'm suppose to receive, tells me I have to pay and not to purchase "here" or I will be charged again. Same thing happens when doing this from within the game. Everywhere I can find to attempt this, I hit the same "you will be charged again" wall. And just tonight, I attempted to buy (with in-game money) some cars from the 1950-2000, 2001-2005, and 2006-present packs, which I have successfully purchased(with real money), and it says I must purchase this pack. What the heck is going on?

I've played another racing game for years, and DLC goes right into my garage, done, easy.

I don't get it. What am I missing? Please help. :mad::mad::confused:

If you bought the Season Pass, all the included DLC should instantly be available. They were for me, anyway. If you're having trouble you can always try downloading the season pass and other packs again. Try also to re-download them from the in-game menu.

I haven't tried to re-download the Season Pass yet, but I did try one of the packs that I should be getting, and I went one step too far and unecessarily spent 560 points. I'll try to re-download the Season pass and the disc two cars I bought. Thanks for trying man.

Sounds odd... I never had the season pass but I believe people who did had to download from the in-game store.

A bit of a longshot here but are you sure you got the Forza 4 Season Pass and not the Forza Horizon Season Pass? For some reason the dashboard advertisements don't always lead to where would be most logical and I almost wasted 800 points a while ago but luckily noticed just before accepting.

And welcome to Forza and Forza Planet!

Sounds odd... I never had the season pass but I believe people who did had to download from the in-game store.

A bit of a longshot here but are you sure you got the Forza 4 Season Pass and not the Forza Horizon Season Pass? For some reason the dashboard advertisements don't always lead to where would be most logical and I almost wasted 800 points a while ago but luckily noticed just before accepting.

I'm positive. From within the game, I can select Season pass and it tells me I have already purchased it.

I just noticed, having kinda put 2 and 2 together, I'm getting a "marketplace error" everytime I back out of a a selected car in a pack. I'm hardwired to the internet. I was chatting with a friend earlier, and I just downloaded all the packs I supposedly bought. Anyone else experience this Marketplace Error?

I'm new to Forza too and get the Marketplace error every time. I thought it might be due to the demand on the servers at this time of year.

I also bought a season pass for Horizon and I haven't tried this yet, but I think you need to "buy" the packs from the in-game marketplace in order to get them for free. Am going to try it this afternoon when I get home.

My Forza 4 is the Essentials edition from an Xbox bundle and like the OP I don't have the cars that came with the original game.

When you have the Season Pass, you download the free DLC cars to receive the data for each pack, and then it's automatically unlocked for your use. You can do this in the marketplace or the dashboard, doesn't matter.

If you bought the Season Pass, all the included DLC should instantly be available. They were for me, anyway. If you're having trouble you can always try downloading the season pass and other packs again. Try also to re-download them from the in-game menu.

On this advice, (thank you) I downloaded the Season Pass again, and all is good, I guess it didn't take the first time. This time I watched each download to make sure it was successful. Before I allowed each to download in background.

Sorry I didn't update sooner as I had a password issue.

Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions.

I know im way behind but I love racing games and decided to buy a 360 and forza 4 and horizon. I have no idea what forza is like and im not looking to argue or debate as Im a long time and still and will always be a GT fan and player. Im not picking a favorite I just want more racing. S I wa wondering is career mode similar to GT. Is tuning the same concept as GT. Im not sure what version of the game I got but it is new an I wondered if all available cars can be downloaded or bought no matter which version you have. Is the game controller friendly. I just kinda wanted a good descrirption of the game and gameplay since im pretty anxious about having a whole new game and consol to play. I just hope the overall gameplay is like GT not caring about graphics or physics I just want the experience to grind through the game buying new cars upgrading andcustomizing cars unlocking content having al kinds of different series leagues and styles of racing to do. and hopefull the gamedont get stale quickly you cango back and do races over with different cars. I hope Forza delivers. I was drawn to it because of some of the cars they have that Gt dont.

Back