New to GT series, drift..etc

• Thread starter idntical
  • 3 comments
Well before I go off sounding like a noob (which i am) I am new to the GT series. I currently play Live for speed (drifting), XPRally, rFactor. Heres my questions:

#1 : Which is a good track to learn to drift on? Ive been doing the Highspeed track, but not diggin it, too long of curves.

#2 : I currently use a AMUSE CarbonR r34 Skyline for my drifting(er attempt) does anyone reccomend something a little better to learn on and move my way up?

I seem to be able to Initiate the drift but cant hold it. Ive tried turning off all the traction/under/oversteer but it seems when I try to correct myself i OVER correct myself and do a 360.. Looks cool but the 360 drifts can come later :P

Thanks for the help, I hope to not sound like a friggin idiot.

idntical
Well before I go off sounding like a noob (which i am) I am new to the GT series. I currently play Live for speed (drifting), XPRally, rFactor. Heres my questions:

#1 : Which is a good track to learn to drift on? Ive been doing the Highspeed track, but not diggin it, too long of curves.

#2 : I currently use a AMUSE CarbonR r34 Skyline for my drifting(er attempt) does anyone reccomend something a little better to learn on and move my way up?

I seem to be able to Initiate the drift but cant hold it. Ive tried turning off all the traction/under/oversteer but it seems when I try to correct myself i OVER correct myself and do a 360.. Looks cool but the 360 drifts can come later :P

Thanks for the help, I hope to not sound like a friggin idiot.

hey idntical, Welcome to the GTP Forums, and to GT for that matter.

Don't take this as a rude comment, but have a look around. Every single one of your questions has been answered, or at least adressed in some manner in this forum already - particularly the bit about the spinning.

Don't forget to have a browse through the 'Look HERE before posting a new drift thread - FAQs' thread. I think many answers to your questions can be found from that starting point.

👍
enjoy your stay

IMG0012.jpg

Nissan Bluebird!! its incredibly cheap to add all the parts, I use N2 tires although alot of people prefer N1 tires, this car is only 210 hp fully tuned and incredibly easy to drift, easy to learn on. get a brake balance controller youre going to need it. as far as tuning, like TankSpanker said, go look around theres a wealth of information here and on the GT3 boards for genaral tuning settings.

I prefer the city tracks to drift on, Seattle Circuit is probably my favorite. That bluebird pic is in Japan.

Back