New to GT4 and GTPlanet.

• Thread starter thetewks
  • 5 comments
United States
Cincinnati
Hey! I'm new to GT4 and GTPlanet. I played GT4 back in high school when it first came out, but I've never been very good. I'm using a Dual Shock controller and can't afford the driving force pro (or whatever its called). I've gotten significantly better, and can now actually notice the difference between relatively minor tuning adjustments.

I've been doing endurance races lately, mostly trying to win the first one, the 60 lap Grand Valley 300 km. I'm currently using the AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98 and can only finish in 2nd, behind the Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01. They are almost always a minute ahead of me. I've been using this setup and tweaking it very slightly, but since I'm doing this in B-spec I'm still not very comfortable tuning the car. Although I hate to admit it, I think the B-spec driver (Bob?) is better than I.

My question is this. Does anyone have some suggestions for tuning a car specifically for B-spec for this particular race? I have gone though all the different setups on gtvault for this car, and none of them are for this race specifically.

Last edited:
If it's for B-spec you don't care about close racing or anything like that. Slap a Stage 4 turbo on it. Tune out understeer as much as you can.

Hmm, wait a minute -- that tune already specifies a Stage 4 turbo.

If that car with a turbo can't beat the AI, you need to train your B-Spec driver some more. What's your B-Spec rating?

I suppose I should mention driving it yourself (in days passed that would be the majority of the advice you'd get). Even if your B-Spec driver is better than you right now, you'll get a lot of practice driving the race yourself.

Make sure your driver isn't leaving the track. Set up Pace to 4, set Overtake, and when he will jump to first place, set up Pace to 3 and let him do the job. There's an option where he can be too slow, because he lacks experience. Then you should complete other, little races to "skill" your driver up.

The car setup isn't 100% of success.

Appreciate the input! I've since beaten that, and am now working with the Minolta. I'm trying to use it in as many races as possible, as I don't really feel like repeating the DTM to get money. (seems lame)

I've learned a lot in the last day. I've done a lot of reading, and am honing my driving skills. (albeit slowly, lol) I'm still doing endurance races entirely in B-spec, but I've also raced a few one-make races and have done great.

The question I have now is this:
I'd like to do the N'burg 24hr race tomorrow in B-spec. I would set it and forget it and be gone till friday morning. I own the minolta and the CLK-GTR Race cars. (both stage 4, etc...) (I think those are the best I own, I can't check currently) If I use either of those setup with a popular tune for the track, will I come home and B-spec driver have won? Or am I wasting my time with that? (I know that since I won't be there to advance the lap changes and speed it back up to x3, I lose up to 8 seconds?) I've got about 7300 B-spec points if that matters.

And yes, I know this isn't a popular thing to do, but I want to give it a shot. I plan on going back later when I have more time and doing this race properly.

Either of those cars should walk off with the Nurb race. However take the turbo off the Toyota 88C-V (which you mistakenly referred to as a "minolta"); with it the car becomes little more than a tire shredder.

Oh, and you really don't have to go searching for special tunes; both cars are quite capable bog stock.

Back