New to GT4!!! Best way to get the best out of career mode and maximize the RPG elemnent?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 7 comments

isamu

(Banned)
Hi guys, well I *FINALLY* have gotten around to playing GT4 and I must say, I am absolutely HOOKED!!! What an incredibly addictive game. I've done about 10 beginner License Tests so far, just going for the minimum Bronze. I've also done the first three Beginner Events: Sorry if I mangle the name of these but I'm at work and don't remember the names of them.... Sunday Cup, FF Challenge and FR Challenge, is that it? Anyway I now own about three cars. The Mazda RX7, a Honda CRX, and some old car I won as a prize. Anyway I want to know what I should be doing next basically? I want to play the game as an RPG where I slowly work my way up and grind for cash so I can buy slightly better cars over time. Should I continue doing the Beginner Events? Should I finish the License Tests and make sure I get at least Bronze in all of them? Or should I go for a different or bigger event rather than the beginner event?

How exactly should I play the game if I want to maximize the full experience? I'm not interested in getting the fastest cars right away and rushing through the career mode. I want it to be a slow burn. There are so many places to visit on the world map it's all a bit overwhelming.

Hi guys, well I *FINALLY* have gotten around to playing GT4 and I must say, I am absolutely HOOKED!!! What an incredibly addictive game. I've done about 10 beginner License Tests so far, just going for the minimum Bronze. I've also done the first three Beginner Events: Sorry if I mangle the name of these but I'm at work and don't remember the names of them.... Sunday Cup, FF Challenge and FR Challenge, is that it? Anyway I now own about three cars. The Mazda RX7, a Honda CRX, and some old car I won as a prize. Anyway I want to know what I should be doing next basically? I want to play the game as an RPG where I slowly work my way up and grind for cash so I can buy slightly better cars over time. Should I continue doing the Beginner Events? Should I finish the License Tests and make sure I get at least Bronze in all of them? Or should I go for a different or bigger event rather than the beginner event?

How exactly should I play the game if I want to maximize the full experience? I'm not interested in getting the fastest cars right away and rushing through the career mode. I want it to be a slow burn. There are so many places to visit on the world map it's all a bit overwhelming.
Have fun playing this beautiful game mate! :cheers:

First of all, be sure you aquire all of the 5 Licences of the game. Doesn't matter if you get only Bronze or better at some tests, you just have to pass them 👍
You can use the prize cars you got from these Licences to run some of the other Beginner events as well.
Driving Missions are a good challenge too, but don't rush to do all of them in once. Some of them are hard to tackle, but the prize cars are also very rare and powerful, and they can easily destroy the competition if you use them at the very first stages of the game. So I'd suggest you to use them much later.
If you want to take the maximum challenge from the AI, use the A-Spec points as a key: big number of points means harder competition, which equally means bigger challenge for you ;) Of course, you will have to understand the average performance of the opponents' cars each time, so you can decide which car of your garage suits to the event and your driving skills. Upgrading your car will also be a useful option, in case you cannot buy or don't have a more suitable car.
GT4 has also a big plethora of world, original, city and dirt/snow tracks. Licence Tests will help you to master them gradually.
Overall, buy as less cars as you possibly can and try to use the cars the game gives you as prizes. At some points though, some specific events will force you to buy some cars anyway.

Cheers! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I agree with jontikis - go through the licenses first and foremost. It's a great way to perfect your driving technique and learn the courses. It is also the best way to gather some cars without spending a penny.

Bronze in all events are well within reach for all of them - in fact getting all bronze in s-license is easiest of all seeing as it's 16 full laps with lots of room for error - it takes a bit more effort to get all silver, and an especially high level of patience to get all golds.

Watch the example replay for tests as often as you can. It will show you not only how to do the test(s), but also how to achieve gold in each one. So it is a powerful tool to have at your disposal.

Note - If you ever need to buy a car or two but are reluctant to spend money - the Capri Rally (easy) in "Special Conditions" events can be won easily with even a moderately powerful car (Nissan Skyline, Subaru Impreza etc) and the prize car is a Toyota RSC Rally Raid car which you can sell for around 265,000Cr. You can do this event as often as you want and win the RSC over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I Bronzed all the Licenses shortly after writing my last post. Nurburgring :crazy:

Anyway the Missions are kicking my ass. I've done all the way up to Mission 11 and I'm stuck on 12. Holy Crap they want you to be flawless around Leguna Seca in the Ford GT! :nervous: Any tips?

Take the inside lane at every turn and opportunity and patience to avoid those negative off road encounters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I Bronzed all the Licenses shortly after writing my last post. Nurburgring :crazy:

Anyway the Missions are kicking my ass. I've done all the way up to Mission 11 and I'm stuck on 12. Holy Crap they want you to be flawless around Leguna Seca in the Ford GT! :nervous: Any tips?
You can find some tips here

Last edited:
Brake early and when the wheels are straight. The Ford GT has God-awful understeer while braking, so brake before corners, and accelerate through them. Patience is rewarded.

Back