New to gt5, few questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reldir
  • 10 comments
  • 1,032 views
Messages
5
Hey just got this game today, was wondering

1. Where can I get a 98' or any sn95 mustang? I saw they are in the car list but I can't seem to find any at the dealer or used dealer....I'm attempting to create a PSN and check "online dealers" but first gotta update, then make account and etc - will I find a sn95 mustang on the "online dealership"?

2. I started with the 19k civic type R, and I've been upgrading it like crazy, but now I'm level 6 and on "ameteur" series and getting my butt kicked Bad! I grinded a begginer race over and over (lol) and got about 50k saved up....which car would ya recommmend I get that will take upgrades nicely and last me a long time? (problem with this civic, every time i turn i seem to lose traction - i upgraded drivetrain, suspension even did some weight reduction - should i invest in better tires?)

thanks

edit: found a svt cobra stang red on dealership, if i buy it will it save the game? i kinda want to buy it and drive and if i dont like it i wanna reload save lol - also with used cars can u change the color and stuff? can you also do mods like new spoilers and body kits, decals and customize the look?

thanks

also, what exactly is PPI?
 
Last edited:
1, each time you load up a new race/ event like a licence test the used car lot replenishes 6 new cars. The car you want will eventually show up by keep refreshing the line up of cars in there. Or go to the new cars and see if you can find a model you want there.

2. The civic now prob has too much power and can easily spin the front wheels if you nail the throttle coming out of a corner where you're still turning. Ease off the power or straighten up the wheels to reduce this and always run the stickiest tyres the event will allow!

The game does save after buying a car but you can backup and reload if you really have to. Try to pick a car that can cover several event types and generally weight reduction 1, intake and exhaust as necessary plus tyres and much practice to win events.

PPI is where some guy in a call centre phones you telling you that you took out a loan and will be able yo sue for big bucks. Even if you never took out a loan . Sigh.
 
PPI is Performance Points Index.


Its essentially how good the car is compared to other and this makes PP limit races possible. The higher cars you could say are in the 700s and lower cars in 300s and everything inbetween depends on upgrades and oil changes and engine over hauls and such.
 
If you have the Premium '97 Civic R you could RM it, expensive but if you want to get that car the best it will be that's what you want. Especially if you're having grip issues!
 
You also have the option of "friending" other people on PSN and then having them put cars on "share", which you can then borrow for free, complete some of your races and save a little dough.
 
Or I'm assuming you bought the XL edidtion which would mean you should get a butt load of TC cars.
 
For RMing the civic, I think it said that the car isn't eligible, but I will check again.

Thanks for the replies guys, I got the cobra and am doing pretty good now. I want to get online soon but apparently I have a lot of stuff to update so looks like it will take a couple hours.

Was wondering, these "seasonal races" I've been hearing about to make money, are they against other players?
 
Last edited:
Download the updates and check them for yourself. They are usually situational races like 3 laps in a off car to beat a pack of cars from last place.

They give more money and xp than a spec races generally.


RM is race mod like 18-20 cars you can apply a race mod to them in the area where you change oil and get a car wash. Google gt5 race mod car list for a list.

TC are touring cars you get free with some versions of GT like academy edition presumably by getting a code in the box and redeeming in the psn store.
 
Download the updates and check them for yourself. They are usually situational races like 3 laps in a off car to beat a pack of cars from last place.

They give more money and xp than a spec races generally.


RM is race mod like 18-20 cars you can apply a race mod to them in the area where you change oil and get a car wash. Google gt5 race mod car list for a list.

TC are touring cars you get free with some versions of GT like academy edition presumably by getting a code in the box and redeeming in the psn store.

Cool, thanks
 
If you ever need a tune for a car this is literally:



Just make sure the tune is up to date with at least version 2.09 physics to ensure it's current.

Hmmmm...link shows up as a red x on my screen but still works...bizarre...
 
Was wondering, these "seasonal races" I've been hearing about to make money, are they against other players?

No, you race against (very stupid) AI drivers. They pay out very well, though.

Here is a useful list of cars that can be won. Remember, you can only win them once, so don't sell them.
 
Last edited:
Back