New to gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter bouncingsage
  • 23 comments
  • 1,566 views
Messages
11
United States
Anacortes,WA
Messages
bubbabediggen
Hello everyone, i just started playing gt5 yesterday (after waiting a day and a half for the updates :yuck:) but i was wondering on the best ways to start out or any tips that would be useful.I am currently driving a Honda Integra DC5. it is the only car i have but i need it to be faster so if anyone can help me out with tunes or past experience that would be awesome!
Thanks everyone.
 
Take it slow. Do not hurry yourself to fast cars too quickly. Also take driving aids off. You can have abs at 1 if you have only pad. Game really comes alive with all aids off(also abs 0) with force feedback steering wheel. License tests are ok place to familiarize yourself with different cars and situations. Tests however can be really pain in the ass to get all gold, but they also really try to teach you. So I would mainly do a-specs first though seasonal events are a great resource of credits if you are in need of them.

Gtplanet is the best GT resource there is and there are tips for all events, cars, tunes, etc.
 
Welcome to :gtpflag:

Give this a read.

Read the very first thread by Famine at the top of this page.

Do your special events as well.

Like Raitziger said, don't rush & just enjoy...
 
Last edited:
You can get some credits easily by purchasing a Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package),found in the regular Dealership. It costs around 15,000 credits,but you may need to level up a bit. Then go to Seasonal Events,A-Spec Challenges 2,and then select the first race (It's in Rome.) You can get 4th place in that car if you're a good driver (or play dirty),and being 4th you get around 80,000 credits (without loginbonuses). Enjoy the game!
 
Welcome, just play and enjoy buddy, welcome to the darkside.
 
Don't rush it! Go slowly... enjoy every single bit of it. As Raitziger said, try to not use any aids, only ABS1 (and then ABS0 if you feel like) and try to learn what kind of cars you feel more comfortable.

And never use anything past Sport Soft tires on road cars... The Racing tires spoil all the fun and hide A LOT of feedback from the car. Use Racing Hards only on powerful racing machines.
 
It's also good to create a b-spec driver and use him, you can level up pretty quick and create more drivers...they can win you big money in the b-spec seasonals when your off doing household chores :)
 
Welcome to GT5 and GTPlanet - a combo that's sure to have you occupied for the rest of your life. Store plenty of non-persishable foods and sugar-laced liquids.

The Q & A sections in various parts of the site are the best spots to visit when in doubt about something - feel free to read, read, and read.

:cheers:
Harry.

P.S: If you are lost - you're probably in The Rumble Strip. ;)
 
Welcome, just play and enjoy buddy, welcome to the darkside.

Lol, thats the same response I got when I joined the Forza forums. "Welcome to the dark side" They knew I was a long time GT player.
 
Welcome to GT5 and GTPlanet.

My only suggestion to you is to avoid the Seasonal races. You will earn money very, very quickly and in my opinion, that rushes things.

Enjoy it!
 
could anyone send me a car they don't want? it would be well appreciated :)
 
could anyone send me a car they don't want? it would be well appreciated :)

I can, name the car and friend me on PSN so i can send it.

redrobin347
 
got any fast hondas? like a dc2 or something?
 
Anything under a million or whatever the trading cap is. Check the cars out in the dealership and let me know the one you want and the color. I'll send it over with 0 miles.
 
do you have anything already modified? i don't have the money to modify cars.
 
I'll mod you a Civic Type R EK 97'. I'll leave the tuning to you.
 
You're welcome. Civic sent.
 
Can someone help me, I have not been playing gt5 for that long, for some reason in my car dealer ships I cannot buy 4x4s... If I remember when I first got the game I'm sure that I could... Anyone know what this would be? Thanks
 
if it is the used car dealer then you need to race to get it to update
 
I've been doing loads of races including online. I can't get them in used or brand new...
 
Hey there, just do whatever feels right and explore your options, as there are many from the start. The Seasonal races, as said earlier, are an excellent way to level up and gain cash, and some of the more recent ones give out radical prizes 👍
 
Back