New to GT5P

• Thread starter g48dd
  • 4 comments
I am a little confused here. I have played 1, 2, 3 all the way through. 4 came out when I headed to Iraq so I have not had the chance to play it. I elected instead to go with PS3 so I could be up to date with GT. I realize this is not a finished product, its a sample of what is coming. I like the new quick tune better than going to buy stuff all the time butttt, my tires are blocked out I can't use that feature yet. Do I get this when I complete S class? Because right now I am ready to through my whole system through the wall. I have at least placed third on all but three races in S Class. The F40 Suzuka( pass everyone in one lap) best 6th place, The Tuned Cars Battle P.P 700 Fuji Speedway, The Tuned Cars Battle P.P 700 Suzuka. I know I could do all these with some kind of sport tire. I get close many times then accidently catch to much grass or tap another car get a penalty and I am done have to start all over. I am not a smash through them kind of driver but honestly a swear many times I get the penalty and it is because someone hit me. I like this feature it is making me a better driver but on regular tires it's really beginning to try my patients. So when do I get to put tires on?

Thanks,
Ken

PS I did do a search here for the answer to this but maybe just didn't input the query correctly.

Ok maybe nobody understands what I am asking here, let me try again. I have not completed S class. I have not got all gold in all the other classes but I have completed them. On my Quick tune screen I change everything but tires and aero dynamics. I can see the buttons but my cursor skips over that section. I am asking at what point in the game will I get to change the tires? Is it after I complete S Class? Are they forcing me to place at least 3rd in every race in S class before they give me the ability to change tires?

.... or should I be able to change tires now, because if I should then something is wrong with the game or there is something that I have left undone?

Thanks Ken

The only "problem" is that on most (all?) events you cannot change the tires of your car as you're supposed to race with a given type of tire - mostly R tires. Finishing S class won't open any other tuning options; and you also can't tune or change tires at time trial: it's just for stock cars with S2 tires...
Now if you try a race, either online or offline you'll see that you can then make all the changes you want (aero still depends on the care you choose); in the case of online races you will have to stay bellow the PP (performance points) for that specific race but that's it... don't throw away your PS3! lol

Enjoy your racing,

RUI

Most people who are not godlike drivers (a.k.a. me :P) had a hard time completing those events. I'm sure there are a couple of topics here that can point you in the right direction concerning car choice and tuning.

OK thanks that’s not what I wanted here lol but that does answer my question, you must race on what the given tire is. Soooooo it will be awhile before I complete S class.

This is kind of interesting because I find it hard to believe that they did not provide some sort of way to over come some problems here. In the other GT games you could just up grade tires or power to make up for ones lack of skill. I have always been one to push for more realism so I have no room to complain. They are getting pretty close with all the penalties. I watch as much real road racing as I can and most of the time it is rare that one car hits or cuts off another. However I believe there are a few cars out to get me! They come out of know where and whack me and I get the penalty. But then again this might be sort of like the guy that looses control going through tuff turn and takes two other cars with him, those guys are out of the race and they did nothing wrong either and I am sure are way more frustrated than myself.

I am finding that I am having to get right in the pack and be very careful with the gas pedal. This is the way real racing is, looking for that opening. The only problem is they are only giving me 1 lap to get past all gggezezeze. Can't be messing around with looking for 1 opening at a time.

I got 3 6th place finishes yesterday. By looking for where I could pass a bunch at once. I am beginning to think that this is sort of a game they are playing with us. Figure out where to pass each pack of cars, epically the running road block that I have to get past right at the beginning.

Thanks a bunch
Ken

Back