New to GT6 and new TV -pixelated tree graphics?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I previous played gt5 on my old lcd tv @ 720p res.

I have now got GT6 and a sony w905 55" tv. Running at 1080p res. All games look ok, the rest of gt6 graphics looks great but the trees look like lots of little 'dots'. Its hard to explain so i took a photo. Is this how they are meant to be? I thought maybe it was my tv and tried different modes/settings. But all the other graphics look OK so it must be how the game is meant to be?

I first noticed on Ascari. i thought the trees had metal mesh on them, it looks bizzare.

I took this picture at Monza at curva grande. If you look especially at the tree on the left you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 13
Must be cause im used to playing at 720p and my new tv is such good HD quality I now notice this issue. I'm stunned how awful the trees look. pixelated mesh they call it so my research tells me. I'm surprised they released the game looking that bad tbh! Puts me off every lap

Must be cause im used to playing at 720p and my new tv is such good HD quality I now notice this issue. I'm stunned how awful the trees look. pixelated mesh they call it so my research tells me. I'm surprised they released the game looking that bad tbh! Puts me off every lap
Yep, most things look better in GT6, but if they (PD) thought they were pushing the envelope of the PS3's capabilities in GT5, what do you think "better graphics" means now on the same system into larger and larger TVs? Some things suffer. C'est la vie.:cheers:

Getting that close to any large TV is going to show that same thing. Don't sit so close... They have optimum viewing distances for a reason.

It's due to dithered transparency. Lots of PS3 games use it, because something about the architecture makes alpha transparency really expensive. It is a separate issue from pixels being "too big" because you're too close, or sharpness levels.

Back