New to GT6

United States
United States
ACOSTA09546
I'm new and I'm asking for a basic run down of what I'm excepting out of this game. Are the drag tunes the same? What has changed? ETC I've heard that some cars have hight HP now in this game such as the evo9. Will that affect the tune? I've also heard "NOS" is overly used? Can I get some help?

I'm new and I'm asking for a basic run down of what I'm excepting out of this game. Are the drag tunes the same? What has changed? ETC I've heard that some cars have hight HP now in this game such as the evo9. Will that affect the tune? I've also heard "NOS" is overly used? Can I get some help?
Welcome to the forums. If you're comparing GT5 to GT6, the horsepower figures have changed so old tunes won't necessarily work on these ones. Most cars have between 30-100 more horsepower than in GT5, some have even more. Nitrous is commonly used, yes, but lobbies can prohibit the use of it. You'd be better off using the same method of tuning from GT5 but using a longer transmission to compensate for the extra horsepower.

Welcome to the forums. If you're comparing GT5 to GT6, the horsepower figures have changed so old tunes won't necessarily work on these ones. Most cars have between 30-100 more horsepower than in GT5, some have even more. Nitrous is commonly used, yes, but lobbies can prohibit the use of it. You'd be better off using the same method of tuning from GT5 but using a longer transmission to compensate for the extra horsepower.
Are there threads here to explain the whole drag tuning thing. I just started this morning and I've already have a evo9 and a mustang boss 302

Will
There is no 1 thread dedicated to drag tuning.
A few posts up ,you have @Master__Shake_ 's Transmission Tuning Guide.
And the Need Help Tuning thread to ask other questions.
(Sorry Im to lazy to get on my PC to add links.)
there be one? And do you still have to break in your cars?

Well if someone desides to make a full guide in the future, yes. As of now no. Also we are still learning tricks ourselves.
But with the camber, and overall physics flaws, I guess its still a little to early to set a guide in stone.

You do not need to break in cars anymore. A oil change is all you need. Some say a engine overhaul helps, I have not seen proof or find it worth the $100k on very high end cars...

Well if someone desides to make a full guide in the future, yes. As of now no. Also we are still learning tricks ourselves.
But with the camber, and overall physics flaws, I guess its still a little to early to set a guide in stone.

You do not need to break in cars anymore. A oil change is all you need. Some say a engine overhaul helps, I have not seen proof or find it worth the $100k on very high end cars...

Ok thank you. Are there 425-450-500pp etc... races online?

Most drag lobbies are, classes. Honda/FWD, Muscle, SuperCars ect...
Most are restricted by HP and weight, sometimes PP, depends on the host.
And your welcome.

Oh, yeah lol! You can find PP, Classes, and all the other crazy, cop lobbies or cat and mouse, etc.. like GT5.

Back