New To GTP and looking for some driving companions...

superfluidity
Damn, I'm new to the idea of an online gran turismo multiplayer!

Here is the important stuff: I am 27. I love cars. My garage in game is shaping up nicely. I drive with a Driving Force GT wheel (all assists off, of course)... I live in N.Y. and my online hours tend to begin after I get back from work.... around 4:30 eastern.

I'm not a drifter or rally racer... but I plan on learning. I don't trash talk, and I have been know to crack a joke or two...

So, there you have it folks... Who loves me?!

oh my PSN tag is the same as my GTP username... you all can call me Vince, though.

What's up Vince. I'm in the same situation as you, 27 and never raced online before. I've been playing the game since OG Gran Turismo for PS1 and I've always loved it. Kinda wish they had more american cars like my Trans Am, but that's another story... I'll send a friend request after I get out of work to your PSN ID. Later.

~Matt

Sweet car, Matt.

I agree, what this game needs is more cars, American and European... but no more skylines... thank you, we have enough... I still can't believe the first DLC had three more GT-Rs!!!

More then anything I'd like to see Porsche Included.... Damn even premium versions of the RuF cars would be nice.

Eitherway, thanks for the invite! See you on-line.

Vince

Haha yea, way too many GTRs. I hope GT6 is all premium cars.

I should be online around 5pm today. I'm anxious to try some of the drag rooms, but I haven't try anything yet...

Lol, I'm 27 as well and I run the Legend of the Streets (LotS) Touge League. You can come check us out. We've got a pretty solid companion group actually.

Vince and Matt,
I've got a small group that would be perfect for you guys. We're all in our upper 20's and lower 30's and are old college buddies. We race every Sunday night at 10pm EST. Of course, we race other days too, but Sunday is our official "league" night. During league night, we race three predetermined cars and each car is paired up with a predetermined track. We race each car and track combo three times and award points based on finishing position. All of this is completed in less than two hours so we're always done by midnight. At the end of the night, all of the non-winners get to vote on which car and track they want to drop from the rotation. The winner (the person with the most points) then picks which new car and track will replace the one voted off. That way, we keep things fresh and everyone directly or indirectly has a say in what kinds of cars and tracks we race. Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions.

Yea that sounds good, I'll send you a request when I get a chance.

Sorry about yesterday Vince. My dinosaur PS3 hates playing online and it kept freezing when I would try to open the lounge. It only had 8GB new when I bought it, so I can't install the 8GB GT5 hardware and I imagine that is what is killing me. I'm in the process of getting a better HDD so hopefully once that goes in I can run everything more smoothly. I am also stuck using the PS3 controller so I'd probably be crushed online anyway. I heard that's like a death sentence.

I'm Interested... sounds cool.

Glad you guys are interested! I just sent both of you a friend request. Here are the cars and tracks that we'll be racing this Sunday night:

ROUND ONE
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
Tokyo R246 Reverse
Restricted to Dealership PP (351)

ROUND TWO
Mitsubishi Evo X GSR PP 07
Deep Forest Raceway
Restricted to Dealership PP (463)

ROUND THREE
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07
Spa-Franchorchamps
Restricted to Dealership PP (515)

Each round consists of a 15 minute qualifying session followed by three short races. Points are awarded based on finishing position (1st Place=3 points, 2nd Place=2 points, and 3rd Place=1 point). We also award 1 point for pole position, which is earned during the qualifying session before each round.

At the end of the night, we tally up all the points (I use a spreadsheet) to determine the top three drivers. Then everybody who is not in the top three votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The car and track combo that receives the most votes gets dropped from the rotation. Then, 1st Place gets to pick the replacement car and track combo that we'll race the following week. Also, 2nd place gets to replace either the car or the track on the combo that received the second most votes. And finally, 3rd place gets to pick any car up $999,000 as his prize. In the event that the vote results in a tie, 3rd place serves as the tie-breaker.

It may sound complicated, but I promise you it's not. It's just the system we have in place to keep everyone part of the decision making process while also providing incentive to WIN! 👍

Last edited:
I think I have that Evo but not the other cars. I would have to try and buy and tune them before then, plus I can't seem to get online yet...

I'll figure it out and hopefully give it a shot soon, but I doubt it will be by tomorrow night.

Vince and Matt,
I've got a small group that would be perfect for you guys. We're all in our upper 20's and lower 30's and are old college buddies. We race every Sunday night at 10pm EST. Of course, we race other days too, but Sunday is our official "league" night.

Are you accepting new applications? I'm oftentimes bored Sunday and rummaging through the open lobby leaves much to be desired. ie...a good race.

I think I have that Evo but not the other cars. I would have to try and buy and tune them before then, plus I can't seem to get online yet...

I'll figure it out and hopefully give it a shot soon, but I doubt it will be by tomorrow night.

No worries, Matt. We've been racing every Sunday night for almost a year so we'll be ready and waiting for you when you're set. But don't worry if you don't have enough in-game money to buy the cars. I'm a remote racing beast and always take care of the guys who race with us 👍

However, it seems like your main issue is getting online so there's nothing I can do about that. Hopefully you can resolve that soon. Good luck!

Edit:
Are you accepting new applications? I'm oftentimes bored Sunday and rummaging through the open lobby leaves much to be desired. ie...a good race.

The more the merrier! There are only four of us who race consistently every Sunday night so there's definitely room for more. If you're looking for good races, we're the right group for you. Every decision we make about our format is to promote good competitive races with plenty of action. That's why all of our races are single make and limited to the PP listed in the Dealership. This greatly reduces the the amount of variance our cars have in terms of power and aerodynamics. We try our best to make sure that clean driving skill is the biggest factor in winning a race. Tuning skill is also important though (suspension, transmission, etc).

Also, the first race of each round is "Fastest First" based on the 15 minute qualifying session before each round. However, the remaining two races in each round are "Reverse Grid Order". That's just another way we promote action on the track. I just sent you a friend invite so all you need to do now is buy the cars listed above and get them tuned to your liking. See you Sunday night!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have that Evo but not the other cars. I would have to try and buy and tune them before then...

I find the best way to make cash is the seasonal events... they offer the most cash and ex per race... At 200% cash multiplyer... you can make A LOT per race!

Cars bought and tuned... ready to go.

Sweet! Keep in mind that all upgrades are allowed except for rear wings. However, adding ECU's, turbos, or reducing significant weight would be pointless since we restrict the PP to the number listed in the Dealership. If you did those types of upgrades, you'd have to limit the engine power or add weight ballasts to get the PP back down anyways. What we typically do is just buy a racing air filter or something similar to get our cars up to the PP listed in the Dealership. Then, we upgrade everything else that doesn't increase the PP (suspension, transmission, drivetrain etc).

Don't forget to upgrade the tires too. We currently use racing soft tires, but we're thinking about switching to racing hard tires since racing softs are almost like cheating lol. Speaking of which, we turn off all driving aids. I'm probably leaving something important out so let me know if you have any questions. See you in my lounge at 10pm EST (9pm CST)

Last edited:
...so let me know if you have any questions. See you in my lounge at 10pm EST (9pm CST)

That's all I had to know.... by the way, my headset broke... so I may be a silent driver... as of right now, the three cars are tuned to your specs and ready to race! Tomorrow night will be fun!

diabolicwyvern,
Congrats on winning our league night! As your reward, you get to pick a new car and track combo that we'll race next Sunday night. Go ahead and just post it here when you've made your decision.

Vince,
Thanks for racing with us, but you left before voting on which round you want to drop from next week's rotation. Everyone else submitted their vote so we're just waiting on yours now. You can post your vote here or just message me if you prefer. Thanks!

Vince,
Thanks for racing with us, but you left before voting on which round you want to drop from next week's rotation. Everyone else submitted their vote so we're just waiting on yours now. You can post your vote here or just message me if you prefer. Thanks!

My vote is for dumping the Evo. Man, I have a long way to go... you guys kicked my butt! Don't think I'm gonna be such a push over next time though! See you next Sunday, let me know the new car and track!

See ya

Last edited:
Next week's replacement:

Toyota Supra 3.0GT TURBO A '88
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Restricted to Dealership PP (429)

No worries, Matt. We've been racing every Sunday night for almost a year so we'll be ready and waiting for you when you're set. But don't worry if you don't have enough in-game money to buy the cars. I'm a remote racing beast and always take care of the guys who race with us 👍

However, it seems like your main issue is getting online so there's nothing I can do about that. Hopefully you can resolve that soon. Good luck!

Thanks, I got your message the other day. I got a new 500GB HDD in the mail yesterday so I just have to back up my saved game data, install the new drive and cross my fingers. I hope to be online soon...

My vote is for dumping the Evo. Man, I have a long way to go... you guys kicked my butt! Don't think I'm gonna be such a push over next time though! See you next Sunday, let me know the new car and track!

All the votes have been tallied and the Mazda Eunos / Tokyo R246 Combo got the most votes, so it's getting the boot!

Sinced diabolicwyvern won 1st place, he got to pick the replacement combo and he posted it last night. Your vote to dump the Evo / Deep Forest combo helped make it the combo that got the second most votes. As the 2nd place winner, I now get to choose to replace either the car or the track of that combo (and I've decided to change the car). So without further ado, here's the updated list for this Sunday night:

ROUND ONE
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
Deep Forest Raceway
Restricted to Dealership PP (389)

ROUND TWO
Toyota Supra 3.0GT TURBO A '88
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Restricted to Dealership PP (429)

ROUND THREE
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07
Spa-Franchorchamps
Restricted to Dealership PP (515)

Let me know if you guys have any questions at all.

Nice! I love FF on DFR. My choice car is the S60...yah know in case you were curious. :)

EDIT: Bump + the thread needs a name change since a weekly event is being talked about within. Just a thought

Last edited:
EDIT: Bump + the thread needs a name change since a weekly event is being talked about within. Just a thought

Great idea, diabolic! I've posted a new thread about our league. Hopefully, it'll generate interest from more racers, but more importantly, it'll be a great place for the winners to announce their car and track selections. That way, everyone can just check the thread to make sure they have the right cars tuned for the following Sunday night 👍

I was able to swap my hard drive this weekend. If any of you guys do this, PM me first because it is a pain in the a$$ to do it correctly. Anyway, I'm going to try and get online tonight at some point for the first time. Maybe some Sunday night online races will be in my near future...

I was able to swap my hard drive this weekend. If any of you guys do this, PM me first because it is a pain in the a$$ to do it correctly. Anyway, I'm going to try and get online tonight at some point for the first time. Maybe some Sunday night online races will be in my near future...

Yeah, that's something that I may need your help with. I'm still using my fatty 60GB unit and I'm constantly having to delete stuff to make room for new downloads.

Great to here that you're almost ready to join us. Be sure to post on the new thread when you're up and running.

btw, I've been B-spec'ing you all day again today. Trying to get your in-game credits up :)

Back