New to GTP & GT6...

  • Thread starter Thread starter bandog424
  • 13 comments
  • 741 views
Messages
7
United States
United States
Messages
bandog424
I just got GT6 but have been a fan since the original. I bought because the servers are closing for GT5 and I want to experience more online racing.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have tips for someone just starting out with the FIT (Jazz) and what's with the clubs/leagues? I enjoy realistic racing and not those idiots just ramming you into walls for position.
 
If you join a race series here, you won't have to worry about people ramming you. And if they do, you they would be penalized :D

What kind of cars do you like to race?
 
Welcome aboard bandog. As Stiggy says, clubs, leagues and race series are the best way to find quality online racing. You can find them in the racing forum.

You'll find people around here are very helpful if you have questions but try to use the search function first because you aren't likely the first person to have a query about something. Also, if you have opinions feel free to post them in the appropriate threads, just be prepared to defend your position as GTP does not suffer fools gladly...lol
 
If you join a race series here, you won't have to worry about people ramming you. And if they do, you they would be penalized :D

What kind of cars do you like to race?

I'm into road course mainly but enjoy the dirt and snow on occasion. I'm more of a traditional racer and haven't tested my skills in drifting really.
 
if you wanna get into online league racing check out the link in my description, im looking for more drivers. everybody will be using the same car with no tuning to make it as fair as possible.
 
Looks like I need to earn some cash so I can buy some cars before I start racing in leagues.
 
Looks like I need to earn some cash so I can buy some cars before I start racing in leagues.
Do the red bull standard championship. It's the best for earning credits, plus you can do it over and over again 👍
 
I've noticed that when racing tracks that were on GT5 I have to adjust to the new mechanics of the game as I'm driving like a noob lol! I'm not that far off from GT5 but all the same I need to get adjusted to GT6 that's for sure.
 
If you want to join a league, I suggest S.N.A.I.L. (link in my signature), we race clean and the cars are all spec, so everyone is on a level playing field as far as cars go.
 
I've noticed that when racing tracks that were on GT5 I have to adjust to the new mechanics of the game as I'm driving like a noob lol! I'm not that far off from GT5 but all the same I need to get adjusted to GT6 that's for sure.
The physics improvement is significant, you get much more feedback from the cars and handling is much more intuitive, especially if you have a wheel. Note however, camber is broken so 0.0/0.0 gives the most grip and ride height is still backwards so settings like 110/80 will move you towards oversteer, not understeer as the tuning guide suggests.

One thing to not underestimate is the feedback from the tire noise. It will tell you a great deal about the load on the tires and if you don't use ABS, it's tremendously valuable in letting you know when you lockup. Running without ABS is now definitely much easier with Standard brakes. Many cars don't even lock up at all, even at full brake pressure, until you get up to 4 or 5 in brake strength.
 
My driving options are

Driving Line: Off
Blind Spot Indicator: Off
Traction Control: 0
ABS: 0
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

I like to challenge myself and I use a controller.
 
Welcome to GTP :gtpflag:

Clubs, leagues etc are aplenty on the site. There are ones that cater for everyone so it's just a case of going through the online racing section and finding one(s) that suit you. There are also time trial events like the WRS where you are just running against the clock and then seeing where you stack up against everyone else.

As a fellow controller user, one recommendation I would make is: Increase controller sensitivity to 7. I used to run at 0, then 2 but when I changed it to 7 when I was struggling with turning a car, the difference is huge.....it makes it much easier to drive understeering cars, though you do have to be careful with some cars (like the Red Bull X) as you can over-correct at times.
 
My driving options are

Driving Line: Off
Blind Spot Indicator: Off
Traction Control: 0
ABS: 0
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

I like to challenge myself and I use a controller.
Echoing Nursemorph on controller sensitivity: it's NOT cheating to be able to tell the game how much you like to move your thumbs to steer a vehicle. I discovered the benefits trying to race the Mercedes C9 '89 race car. Now I use level 6 sensitivity with everything except the Formula Gran Turismos and Red Bull/X cars (those get a 4). Good Luck!
 
Back