New to GTplanet, Some Questions, and some info

• Thread starter mani_23
  • 4 comments
Hey you guys, I was sort of bored, and after 2 months (I think?) of joining, I thought I should maybe try to introduce my self..
Question before my mini timeline bio, Are there any Valve or halflife threads? If so could you help me get there..

So Mainly, my favourite Gran turismo games have been number 1, and 4, and currently playing gt5.prologue to get me ready for the full release. I have not played gt2, but have heard its very buggy, but I have played GT3, and although its a great game, I sort of skipped on that one because upon release I really got into midnight club 2, and other arcade need for speed games, etc. So I really hated the whole 'simulator' Idea, in 2005, I played gran turismo 4 and I loved how sophisticated and revamped it felt from GT3, So I bought it, although since I was still playing hot pursuit 2 and other games, It was very hard for me to play.. I did play it though... In 2006, I turned to the darkside, I had bought an Xbox-360, I have always been a sony guy, my dad bought me a ps1, ps2, and psp, He even offered to buy me the ps3, but I said its way too much money... As much as back then it was a great system, and increasingly better in terms of value compared to the PS3 (my friend payed almost $1000 for his PS3 back in 06'), I am still very much ashamed of the fanboy I was. 2 xbox's later, However I can't call myself a veteran-playing a playstation 3 yet either, Because I only got it for christmas back in december... Luckily, The first game I put into my system was GT5 prologue, before hand (As I knew I was getting a ps3 for christmas) I went and downloaded some forza demos on my xbox, to see if I was still in for "Simulator" mood (as I got into another casual racing game phase when I got my xbox) , Luckily I was, And Luckily the gt5 time trial demo was already up before.. So I went to my friends house and gave it a shot... and I loved it!
Other than my dark history, I am back to my Sony-self and I hope I can keep it.
I still own my 360, I just don't play it much (Although I have a couple of games to still finish, like Elder scrolls IV, GTA IV, and Toy soldiers (arcade))

I play on a 720p Panasonic Viera plasma (06' or 05'?) and it cost us a fortune back then, around $1500 (canadian). I seem to hate LCD tv's, In my eyes they generally don't look good (Poor black images, LCD screens looking 'cheap' vs. Glass that goes on a plasma), Also because I Love movies, Plasma is far more superior.. As for that, Im generally not too regretful that the price of some 1080p LCDs are now around $800, but more regretful that the price of plasmas are around the same.

I recently bought a Driving force Gt, but don't use it all the time (because of the hassle of setting it up).

Other Racing games I like:
Midnight club series, Especially the second,
Modnation racers,
Hot Pursuit 2,
PGR4,
Some need for speed (In the past, as now I hate most of them),
Dirt 1,
Test drive Unlimited

Some other games I like:
Anything by Valve,
Little big Planet,
Battle field/ bad company 2
Gta 4,
Halo (mostly campaign)
Fallout 3
Fifa
skate. 1
Call of Jaurez,
and many others..

I live in canada, but im from Iran.

So, can anyone help me find a Half life thread, or a Valve thread?
I tried searching them up (even using the advanced search) but nothing came up...

Cheers to fellow GT Players!

Welcome, Mani. I guess you can make your own Half-Life/Valve thread, I mean, if it's not there, why not make one?
Again, welcome to GTPlanet.

P.S. If your not using your DFGT, can I have it? :P
I kid, I kid :lol:

Thanks, I guess I may create one.. I Just hate that attitude people give to others on threads that have already been created, I mean, Who cares right? So they posted something outdated- big deal... (Not only GTplanet, But many other forums too)

I would give the wheel to you, but Ive re-played gt5.prologue, and its incredibly fun using the wheel from the start, So its worth the hassle of setting it up (I didn't find it too fun playing arcade modes). So Im hoping once GT5 comes out I will try to start off with my wheel.

Back