New to Iracing with T500RS, no idea what I'm doing.

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 4 comments
United States
US
Okay. So for the T500 control panel settings, I've set 60 overall strength, 100 constant, 100 periodic, 100 spring, 100 damper and auto-center by game. For in-game Iracing settings I've set wheel range at 900 degrees(what is map range?), force factor at 0.00 because I'm using the Basher brake mod which mimics load cell(is that right?), linear mode checked, strength of FFB 40, damping 0, min force 11.2%. Do those settings sound good?

I have an issue though. After calibrating everything, when I'm in the pit not moving, my wheel sort of moves on its own. When I get going though the wheel seems to behave normally, just when I'm stopped the wheel moves on its own. Is that normal? Why does it move when I'm stopped? Also, I have a question on the wheel calibration. After moving the wheel all the way to one side, then the other and then bringing it to center, it asks you to move the wheel 90 degrees to the left and hold it there. There's no degree numbers on this part so you can't see exactly where 90 degrees lies. Are you supposed to just use your best guess here to calibrate? Thanks.\

Also, I have to make sure to match my wheel rotation angle with the in-game one, as well at the T500RS control panel? So if I want to have 1080 degrees for example, control panel, Iracing and the T500rs must be in 1080 mode?

Last edited:
Okay. So for the T500 control panel settings, I've set 60 overall strength, 100 constant, 100 periodic, 100 spring, 100 damper and auto-center by game. For in-game Iracing settings I've set wheel range at 900 degrees(what is map range?), force factor at 0.00 because I'm using the Basher brake mod which mimics load cell(is that right?), linear mode checked, strength of FFB 40, damping 0, min force 11.2%. Do those settings sound good?

I have an issue though. After calibrating everything, when I'm in the pit not moving, my wheel sort of moves on its own. When I get going though the wheel seems to behave normally, just when I'm stopped the wheel moves on its own. Is that normal? Why does it move when I'm stopped? Also, I have a question on the wheel calibration. After moving the wheel all the way to one side, then the other and then bringing it to center, it asks you to move the wheel 90 degrees to the left and hold it there. There's no degree numbers on this part so you can't see exactly where 90 degrees lies. Are you supposed to just use your best guess here to calibrate? Thanks.\

Also, I have to make sure to match my wheel rotation angle with the in-game one, as well at the T500RS control panel? So if I want to have 1080 degrees for example, control panel, Iracing and the T500rs must be in 1080 mode?
I cant answer all of these questions but heres a few points.
The wheel moving while the car is stopped is "normal". Its a bug in the sim which might be patched one day.
Try a force factor of 1.8 - 2.0. I use a similar setup to bashers mod and thats where I have mine set.
Yeah just guess the 90 degrees :)

Maybe if you start iRacing windowed next to the driver of your controller when calibrating you can see the steering input?

Don't guess on the 90deg. Turn your wheel so that it says something like "Calibrated Rotation: 1080". When it says that your wheel will be at exactly 90deg.

Not necessarily? Each car is different. And check the box at the lower left to use custom settings for this car or it will be global.

Back