New to this game, tips?PS4 

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Hi, Assetto Corsa is currently en-route to my house, but I have some questions to ask before diving into the game. (If you're wondering, I own GT6 and Project Cars, so I'm an experienced driver)
The main reason I bought this game was to drive the GT3 cars and hot-lap the Ferrari 458 in a PS4 game.

Question 1: I only have a Dualshock 4, is this game going be as difficult as Project Cars?
- What are some good setups?
-Are controllers competitive online?

Question 2: The car list seems light, so what's the most cost-effective way around DLC?
-
What's the best variety you can get for 20$?
- Is all this Porsche stuff worth the money?

Question 3: What gameplay modes exist?
- Is it easy to set up AI single races like Project Cars?
- How is the online mode? Limited? Slow connection?

That about sums up about all of my problems.

Last edited:
Hi, Assetto Corsa is currently en-route to my house, but I have some questions to ask before diving into the game. (If you're wondering, I own GT6 and Project Cars, so I'm an experienced driver)
The main reason I bought this game was to drive the GT3 cars and hot-lap the Ferrari 458 in a PS4 game.

Question 1: I only have a Dualshock 4, is this game going be as difficult as Project Cars?
- What are some good setups?
-Are controllers competitive online?​

I fail to see why anyone would buy a driving game and not use a wheel so I have not tried with a controller as there is no point in my opinion. There are several setup threads here for controllers have a look at some.

Question 2: The car list seems light, so what's the most cost-effective way around DLC?
-
What's the best variety you can get for 20$?
- Is all this Porsche stuff worth the money?
Yes the Porsche pack is well worth it :-) BTW there will be three of them and the next one will launch late this month or early next year. There are more cars and tracks coming (fingers crossed)

Question 3: What gameplay modes exist?
- Is it easy to set up AI single races like Project Cars?
- How is the online mode? Limited? Slow connection?

That about sums up about all of my problems.
AI single races are easy to set up. You have three choices in this game. Career, Special Events and the Hot Lap/AI races where you can set the event. I personally did all the career and am working through the Special Events.

For PS4 users there are *NO* private lobbies online. There are only preset rooms from all over the world and you must search for an event you think you may like. You can search on track, car or ping time. I have found limited lag issues as there is really not that many people active online as we are all waiting for private lobbies.

I fail to see why anyone would buy a driving game and not use a wheel so I have not tried with a controller as there is no point in my opinion. There are several setup threads here for controllers have a look at some.

Yes the Porsche pack is well worth it :-) BTW there will be three of them and the next one will launch late this month or early next year. There are more cars and tracks coming (fingers crossed)

AI single races are easy to set up. You have three choices in this game. Career, Special Events and the Hot Lap/AI races where you can set the event. I personally did all the career and am working through the Special Events.

For PS4 users there are *NO* private lobbies online. There are only preset rooms from all over the world and you must search for an event you think you may like. You can search on track, car or ping time. I have found limited lag issues as there is really not that many people active online as we are all waiting for private lobbies.

Some people can't afford/don't have enough room/don't want to bother with getting a wheel. For me personally, it's because I enjoy other games rather than just having a console dedicated to a sim rig (like one with the screen right in your face). I played Skyrim once on my friend's GT6/Dirt 3 PS3 rig, not fun.

Other than that, Dualshock 4 controller setups are really hard to get in to, because everyone drives a little differently, so everyone has a preferred setup that might not suit you, so you need to hunt down setups until you can find one you like, or keep practicing on one you don't like until you learn to love it. (sometimes that doesn't even work)

But yeah, the rest of the post was really helpful. The first thing I'm doing is testing the Ferrari 458 in an AI race, that'll help me compare this game to GT6 quite well. I hope the AI is challenging in this game unlike GT6's. I'm probably going to buy some DLC with Ferraris and Porsches in them, because I'm mostly interested in modern supercars. Yes, I'm also very excited about the Porsche packs.

Too bad about the online though, PS4 Project Cars has less users than GT6 on the PS3, and you'd think people would have moved on after three years.

I look forward to the challenge of learning this game very much! :cheers:

Last edited:
I hope the AI is challenging in this game unlike GT6's.

I look forward to the challenge of learning this game very much! :cheers:

The AI is scaleable which is a big help and unlike PCARS they do not dive bomb you into corners or cut the grass to overtake. BTW the Alien level of AI is extremely competitive ;-)

The AI is scaleable which is a big help and unlike PCARS they do not dive bomb you into corners or cut the grass to overtake. BTW the Alien level of AI is extremely competitive ;-)

Good, that's the thing I hated most about Project cars. I remember just trying to enjoy simple races in the C7.R. But the AI set to high difficulties likes to cut through chicanes if you take the inside route. The biggest offender is the GT1X (Zonda R/RUF) racing on the track in New Zealand. It's impossible to complete a lap without being cut off once.

While you'll still be met with the same sort of wheel elitism you can find in the PCARS community — as evidenced — Assetto Corsa isn't nearly as cumbersome in setting up for a controller. Some of the settings are a little obtuse, and there's absolutely no documentation in-game about what they actually do, but with some fiddling, you can get the game feeling pretty good on the pad. I hopped between both when I did the Fanatec CSL Elite review, on XB1 and PS4 (pad only on the latter), and it's certainly easier to get to grips with than PCARS (and doesn't require as much per-car fiddling).

Back