New to using a wheel G923---Need some input please

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 13 comments
United States
Illinois
jpine324
Hi guys --I am usually on GTS, but love the feel the ACC!! You can really feel a difference in the cars. It feels like I can actually feel the weight of the car.

Having some issues with the rear of the car. I can not keep the rear end from coming around on me! Now I am not sure if it is my setting on the wheel, or the car settings it self. Also once a slide starts- it seems impossible to correct and keep from coming all the way around.

If it is car settings- What could I change in the rear to make it tighter? I have messed with TC, but that does not seem to be the issue.

If it is wheel settings- I think I have it set at 270 degree.

Any help would be appreciated!

It’s a good wheel to start with. Make sure minimum force in the FFB settings is set to at least 10.

Next you’ll need to set the steering ratio in wheel settings as per the images below. Either go into the menu each time to change it manually or you can save presets. That will definitely have affected how well you can catch slides.

As for car settings, are you starting off with safe presets? They’re usually more prone to understeer so would be a good place to start. If the rear is still coming round on you try upping the preload and softening the suspension a couple of clicks. I’ve included another picture I found on here that’s useful for setting your car up.

Attachments

• 9D2C59F0-D5A2-4770-9913-FFFE054C3591.jpeg
    9D2C59F0-D5A2-4770-9913-FFFE054C3591.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 534
  • A54D9BC7-7562-4C91-9619-0ABA9D80E31C.png
    A54D9BC7-7562-4C91-9619-0ABA9D80E31C.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 542
  • E36ADD10-65CD-4C8D-A19C-01EE6AE6A7F5.jpeg
    E36ADD10-65CD-4C8D-A19C-01EE6AE6A7F5.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
It’s a good wheel to start with. Make sure minimum force in the FFB settings is set to at least 10.

Next you’ll need to set the steering ratio in wheel settings as per the images below. Either go into the menu each time to change it manually or you can save presets. That will definitely have affected how well you can catch slides.

As for car settings, are you starting off with safe presets? They’re usually more prone to understeer so would be a good place to start. If the rear is still coming round on you try upping the preload and softening the suspension a couple of clicks. I’ve included another picture I found on here that’s useful for setting your car up.

Your fantastic. Thanks for sharing that info!! I'll mess with those settings tonight!!

For the 3rd attachment. Do yuo have the source of that. I can't blow it up?

I don’t. Must be a limit on pic size in forum. PM me your email address and I’ll send the original over. Unless someone else can help?

I don’t. Must be a limit on pic size in forum. PM me your email address and I’ll send the original over. Unless someone else can help?
Thanks Aaron, your a real help on this forum- Noticed your replies in a few other threads!

Thanks again

It's probably your driving style / habits.
Try braking a little earlier and getting more done in a straight line and then blend off as you put in your steering then get early on the throttle.
Too much brake when you turn in and the rear end will come round, and once the car starts sliding unless you are really quick to correct it, you basically have to wait for it. Try to power out and you'll spin

It's probably your driving style / habits.
Try braking a little earlier and getting more done in a straight line and then blend off as you put in your steering then get early on the throttle.
Too much brake when you turn in and the rear end will come round, and once the car starts sliding unless you are really quick to correct it, you basically have to wait for it. Try to power out and you'll spin
I can tell it some of my style and habits. But it is more on exit that I have issues. I am stuck now since the latest update to the game on PS4--it keeps crashing on my so I haven't been able to try much since I have gotten some other tips.

I have messed with the traction control a bit and that really hasn't help me on corner exit. And once a slide starts it seems damn near impossible to save it. But again I haven't played since the update. Tried Friday night, but kept crashing so I went back to GTS for the night! Thanks for the tips

A bit of it may be set up, some of the cars for me feel slightly unstable at the rear on power. It would be helpful for you if you can identify if it's happening at low speed or mid - high speed corners as you will change different things in the set up for each.

But carefully managing weight transfer through the corner, making sure you are unwinding the steering when you start to apply throttle and being progressive on the pedal rather than slamming it will all help (high TC won't protect you from excessive throttle whilst mid corner as it has to slip first to detect it by which time you've already started sliding and losing grip)

Last edited:
A bit of it may be set up, some of the cars for me feel slightly unstable at the rear on power. It would be helpful for you if you can identify if it's happening at low speed or mid - high speed corners as you will change different things in the set up for each.

But carefully managing weight transfer through the corner, making sure you are unwinding the steering when you start to apply throttle and being progressive on the pedal rather than slamming it will all help (high TC won't protect you from excessive throttle whilst mid corner as it has to slip first to detect it by which time you've already started sliding and losing grip)
It has been in low speed corners. Even when I am trying to be gentle with the throttle. I really notice it in the lambo during the rookie test when you start your career. When I use other game modes and my usual car is the Ferrari- I have way more control of it than I do with the lambo. I just really need to keep driving and playing with settings and try to tighten up the rear end.

The lambo is not a great beginners car, despite being chosen for the young drivers programme!

Yeah low speed you really need to get your entry nailed and straighten up the wheel as soon as you can. Even getting on the throttle sightly if you aren't stable in the corner will just slide the rear end.
Lowering the diff preload will also help prevent losing the rear on exit of slow corners, I have the same issue sometimes and find this change quite effective

Last edited:
I can tell it some of my style and habits. But it is more on exit that I have issues. I am stuck now since the latest update to the game on PS4--it keeps crashing on my so I haven't been able to try much since I have gotten some other tips.

I have messed with the traction control a bit and that really hasn't help me on corner exit. And once a slide starts it seems damn near impossible to save it. But again I haven't played since the update. Tried Friday night, but kept crashing so I went back to GTS for the night! Thanks for the tips

You might have the same problem as me - my throttle sensitivity is not right, 60% of the pedal = 100% throttle. I'm all over the place on corner exit as a result because I'm at max power when I shouldn't be.

PS4 - G29

Can you check to see if this is a problem for you also?

You might have the same problem as me - my throttle sensitivity is not right, 60% of the pedal = 100% throttle. I'm all over the place on corner exit as a result because I'm at max power when I shouldn't be.

PS4 - G29

Can you check to see if this is a problem for you also?

I have my sensitivity turned all the way up. Our wheels are basically the same. you may need to add some deadzone and make more or less sensitive.

Also i found that the lambo is damn near impossible to drive--like during the start of your career. The ferrari is a solid platform and not as loose in the rear out the box. Just have to play around.

I have my sensitivity turned all the way up. Our wheels are basically the same. you may need to add some deadzone and make more or less sensitive.

Also i found that the lambo is damn near impossible to drive--like during the start of your career. The ferrari is a solid platform and not as loose in the rear out the box. Just have to play around.

How does the throttle react for you thought?

Fully pressed down = 100%?

60% pressed down = 100%?

I'd be interested to know.

Back