New Tool Album?!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shannon
  • 23 comments
  • 1,103 views
Messages
15,799
This was posted up on the official Tool site yesterday.

A webcast with all four members of the band has been planned for the beginning of March. Although the webcast will available on both sites, we've decided to let the members of the Tool Collective ask the questions this time around. So, for those of you who belong to the TA, start thinking about any questions you have for the band members as they are in the process of writing and arranging material for a new CD. I believe the way it will work is that the guys will pick certain questions (from the 'post a response' section on the TA news), read and answer them so that others can hear their responses. This way, it should be less chaotic and hopefully won't get too repetitious. The webcast will then be made available for people on both sites to listen to at their leisure. The webcast will also be extended for members of the Collective, but probably for only fifteen minutes or so. We will post more information about this event has March draws nearer, but for now just wanted people to start thinking about their questions. So, are there any questions?
 
well thats good, i was disappointed from the last apc album now that i think about it.
 
Originally posted by regulate
well thats good, i was disappointed from the last apc album now that i think about it.
You were dissapointed with the last APC album? It's a fantastic album. I hope your not trying to compare APC with Tool, because that's just crazy. They have completely different sounds.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the new Tool album. I'm part of the TC, so I better start thinking of some questions. ;)
 
The following people will be at their nearest music store on the new albums release:


-Ryan.
-Me.
-Shant. (under18carbon)
-Klos.
-Kosmikfool.
-Silviadrifter.
-Shannon.


I can't wait. :)
 
I'm going to break neon_duke's arms and legs so he can't buy it before me. I suppose I'll have to break his computer, too. And a host of other things while I'm at it.

I predict mid 2005.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I'm going to break neon_duke's arms and legs so he can't buy it before me. I suppose I'll have to break his computer, too. And a host of other things while I'm at it.

I predict mid 2005.

I'm gonna break your **** so you can't...

Wait a minute. We're not talking about that Tool are we?
 
Originally posted by xAkirax2004
The following people will be at their nearest music store on the new albums release:


-Ryan.
-Me.
-Shant. (under18carbon)
-Klos.
-Kosmikfool.
-Silviadrifter.
-Shannon.


I can't wait. :)

Well, since I'm on the Tool street team, I get the album a few days before it's released.:D
 
Originally posted by regulate

well thats good, i was disappointed from the last apc album now that i think about it.
Why do people always compare APC to Tool? The only thing they share is Maynard, other than that, they are two completely different bands with two completely different styles/sounds.

Originally posted by silviadrifter
Well, since I'm on the Tool street team, I get the album a few days before it's released.:D
:confused:
 
Originally posted by Shannon
Why do people always compare APC to Tool? The only thing they share is Maynard, other than that, they are two completely different bands with two completely different styles/sounds.

:confused:

First off, I don't know why people do that either. I guess it's an honest mistake, considering they share the lead singer. However, real fans of either band, would know the difference. Thus not making such comparisons.

The street team, just helps with promotion, and we get huge discounts on Tool tickets. I usually get a package, a few weeks before a Tool concert, from EMI. It's filled with demo discs, and T-shirts and flyers, and all that stuff. Then I just pass it out to everyone, and get them psyched for the concert. I love it, I always have all the newest demos, and I get to go to all the concerts for like half off. Anyway, another added bonus, of being on the street team, or just being a member of the fanclub, is that they send out an e-mail, before the album is scheduled to be released. The e-mail is an order form, for the new album, which get's to you a few days before the release date.
;)
 
i wanst caparing them, i was just saying that from one project to the other, i hope this suits my liking more than 13th step.
 
I didn't like 13th step as a whole album for a while. Today I queued it up on my Nomad and it just snapped with me, it is awesome. Different to Mer De Noms, but still awesome in different aspects.

Is it easy to get on the Tool Street team, like registering on their website?
 
Originally posted by xAkirax2004
The following people will be at their nearest music store on the new albums release:


-Ryan.
-Me.
-Shant. (under18carbon)
-Klos.
-Kosmikfool.
-Silviadrifter.
-Shannon.


I can't wait. :)

W00t! I'm a Toolhead. Actually, I have a Tool shirt on today. Joy!
 
I want a Tool sweatshirt. I already have 3 T-shirts (and 1 APC), and my mom won't let me get the one with the "wrench" on the back. Heh.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
I didn't like 13th step as a whole album for a while. Today I queued it up on my Nomad and it just snapped with me, it is awesome. Different to Mer De Noms, but still awesome in different aspects.

Is it easy to get on the Tool Street team, like registering on their website?
You have to be a member of the fan club for a while. Also, you have to wait till they are requesting more people for the street team, in your area. ;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
You have to be a member of the fan club for a while. Also, you have to wait till they are requesting more people for the street team, in your area. ;)
Doesn't it cost money to sign up for the fanclub?
 
Originally posted by Shannon
Doesn't it cost money to sign up for the fanclub?
It didn't cost me anything to sign up, when I did. ;)
 
This is awesome news for all T00L fans out there. 👍!

(:grumpy: ) I don't even own a Tool shirt or any other stuff by the band (apart from their albums of course) (:()
 
Originally posted by Ryan
I want a Tool sweatshirt. I already have 3 T-shirts (and 1 APC), and my mom won't let me get the one with the "wrench" on the back. Heh.

Which one would that be?

[EDIT] Found it...heheh.
 
The one with the with the wrench.

toolwrenchsticker.jpg


It's like the coolest logo ever.
 
Yep, it is pretty cool. Is my head supposed to look like that?
 
Ask you parents. They'll have a talk with you. Or go to the local whorehouse.
 
Back