New Top-Down Racer

Canada
Vancouver
Hi folks,

I'd like to show you a project that my brother and I have been working on. It's a top-down arcade racing game for PC called Apex Racing League in which you will be able to race online or offline in a variety of classes. As long-time RC racers we wanted a game that provided the same experience in a more casual way.

After many months of work the concept has taken shape and now we've taken it to Kickstarter. I hope you guys can head over there sometime and take a look.

Now to the fun part, here's some off road gameplay!

Last edited:
This looks fabulous @sidewinder26. This reminds me a lot of Generally, one of my all-time favourite PC games that nailed a lot of the things you're showing here - top down racing, loose and fun physics, variety of car classes, and races/championships based on tyre and fuel strategy rather than powerups. I'm also a big fan of that style of mixing in real-life and fictional elements, like you're doing with the cartoonish graphics and casual racing, with the inspired by real-life cars/tracks/sponsors, etc.

I'll definitely be backing - best of luck hitting your funding target! :)

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

That was a heck of a game, its track editor worked very well. You can expect a similar feel here. We're putting together a demo that should be ready in less than a week, so you'll be able to try it pretty soon!

It's looking really good 👍

Used to love Super/Championship Sprint and Super Off Road arcade games, Micro Machines on the early consoles etc, plus the later Generally on PC, as mentioned above. Sometimes you just want a racing game that fun, easy to pick-up and doesn't have a host of complicated menus and upgrade systems. This looks exactly that.

Will it have a track editor at some stage?

Loving the Laguna Seca vid with the 70's F1's!

Reminds me of rc pro am. Loved that game. Definitely be chipping in on this kickstarter. Best of luck getting this off the ground.

Latest Posts

Back