New Tx Wheel firmware and driver

• Thread starter Symtex
  • 20 comments
Canada
Canada
Changes implemented in Firmware V47:

- Added compatibility with the TH8A SHIFTER.

- Added the WHEEL SENSITIVITY ADJUST feature which, on Xbox One™, enables players to adjust the wheel's sensitivity level according to the selected rotation angle; 4 sensitivity levels are available.

- Added the AUTO-CLUTCH feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don't have a clutch pedal.

- Added the CENTER VALUE ADJUST feature, which enables users to reconfigure the wheel's preset center value.

- Optimized compatibility with the FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL Add-On in games for Xbox One™ and PC.

- Optimized compatibility with the FERRARI F1 WHEEL Add-On wheel in games for Xbox One™ and PC.

- Optimized Xbox One™ protocol.

Great enhancement in this patch. I might come back to play Forza a little more

Yeah saw that thanks. I'm leaning towards waiting for the TH8A but I'm interested to see if it does in fact work now that they released the update...

- Added the AUTO-CLUTCH feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don't have a clutch pedal.

This is interesting. I had read that Fanatec had gotten in trouble with MS because they implemented this feature in their wheels for FM4 and is one of the reasons that they have not been able to get with MS on the XB1 protocol and has kept them from making an XB1 wheel.

^^^^ I hope that's not true here considering it adds a level of realism for certain cars.

Has anyone installed the firmware update yet?

^^^^ I hope that's not true here considering it adds a level of realism for certain cars.

Has anyone installed the firmware update yet?
I have. Haven't got much time to play though. Didn't try any of the new features yet.

I've also installed it with no issues. My CPX Adapter should be here this week. Can't wait to run the wheel with my CSP V2s!

I installed the update a couple of days ago and gave the auto-clutch feature a try. I'm not sure if I like it. Now granted, I didn't try it in a car that is paired with a sequential gear-box in real life, but I have a feeling that it won't make a difference in-game. Auto-clutch becomes an issue on high-powered, RWD cars, since there's no clutch slippage and banging into 2nd or 3rd gear causes a massive loss of traction. I tried it in my C-class '04 ITR which was a bit more enjoyable, but it does exacerbate any torque-steering issues.

I use a TX with CSR Elite pedals and CPX adapter. Works like a champ.

CPX came in yesterday. What a difference!!! I had a set of T500 pedals with the Basher Brake mod previously and that doesn't come close to the feel of the CSP V2s properly adjusted(better oil and stiffer brake spring) with the CPX on the TX wheel!!! Basher hit it out of the park with this product!

CPX came in yesterday. What a difference!!! I had a set of T500 pedals with the Basher Brake mod previously and that doesn't come close to the feel of the CSP V2s properly adjusted(better oil and stiffer brake spring) with the CPX on the TX wheel!!! Basher hit it out of the park with this product!

I still prefer the T500 brake pedal with basher mod, but I would agree that the gas and clutch feel better mostly because of the longer travel and stiffer springs.

I still prefer the T500 brake pedal with basher mod, but I would agree that the gas and clutch feel better mostly because of the longer travel and stiffer springs.

Are you using CSP C2s or CSR Elites? The elites don't have the hydraulic shock and that would definitely hurt the brake feel. I've made my shock stiffer with a much stiffer Mugen Spring and thicker viscosity oil. Made a big difference.

Are you using CSP C2s or CSR Elites? The elites don't have the hydraulic shock and that would definitely hurt the brake feel. I've made my shock stiffer with a much stiffer Mugen Spring and thicker viscosity oil. Made a big difference.

Elites but I doubt the shock would make enough difference to me. I just like the much stiffer feel of the bushing mod, and if you try to adjust the load cell very stiff, they seem to die rather quickly where as a bushing never will. I seriously considered buying the CSP's before I got the Elites, but there's simply way too many stories of them failing prematurely due to Hall sensor issues. The Elites don't have this problem because they use pots. I would have loved the degressive clutch but not at the expense of reliability which seems to be the trade-off for the CSP's.

With the very stiff spring and extra viscosity oil I have the load cell at 7 which is great for long life. I also have an extra load cell on hand just in case but I shouldn't have any issues for quite some time and I'll take the extra $15 needed for a loadcell every 1 1/2-2 years for a better more realistic feel.

Not a tradeoff I was willing to make, the Hall sensors/magnets give far more problems than the load cell though. Doesn't take 1 1/2 years for those to start giving problems. Its sad that its become just understood that if you buy the CSP's you'll need to constantly repair them. I hope that you don't have to go through that but the iRacing forum is littered with CSP issues. I see a new thread started on that hardware forum a few times per week by people with issues with them. That's why I chose not to buy them. Maybe they'll get the quality control issues sorted with the next version.

Apart from a squeak that's easily fixed I've never had a real problem with the CSP in four years of using them.

The open design makes them a pain to keep clean and they aren't as versatile as the T500 pedals I can't fault the build quality or reliability.

Apart from a squeak that's easily fixed I've never had a real problem with the CSP in four years of using them.

The open design makes them a pain to keep clean and they aren't as versatile as the T500 pedals I can't fault the build quality or reliability.

I had CSP v1s before my T500 and now CSP V2s. I never had a problem with my CSPs. I know others have but not me. I do feel it is a much superior design to the T500s and gives a much more realistic feel to me. But that's just my opinion:-)

Back