New VW Type III & Citroën 2CV handling issues

• Thread starter Omologato
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
GTP_Omologato
Jordan8262
Maybe I am losing my mind, but upon building both cars for the C class hoppers, I have an issue whereby neither will center themselves on the straights. Both don't exhibit any strange behavior while turning, and I am quite certain that it's not a suspension tune as I do not run crazy toe in/out or excessive caster. In fact, I generally run very similar tunes on all of my cars and thus far these are the only two with the issue (I should also note that I don't receive any vibrations from the cars as I try to re-center them.) I also homologated both and found the issue still present in the Type III, but less so in the 2CV.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just losing my mind?

Maybe I am losing my mind, but upon building both cars for the C class hoppers, I have an issue whereby neither will center themselves on the straights. Both don't exhibit any strange behavior while turning, and I am quite certain that it's not a suspension tune as I do not run crazy toe in/out or excessive caster. In fact, I generally run very similar tunes on all of my cars and thus far these are the only two with the issue (I should also note that I don't receive any vibrations from the cars as I try to re-center them.) I also homologated both and found the issue still present in the Type III, but less so in the 2CV.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just losing my mind?

Not tuned one of these yet but this sounds like the same issue with the beetle in FM6 (or was it 5, can't remember)

Try raising the ride height and see if that sorts it.

I have also noticed this, and read elsewhere that it is caused by using low Ride Height values. Apparently it’s been an issue with some specific cars since Forza Motorsport 5.

I have also noticed this, and read elsewhere that it is caused by using low Ride Height values. Apparently it’s been an issue with some specific cars since Forza Motorsport 5.
After RPM mentioned the Beetle, I did vaguely remember having an issue with that car and its ride height in FM6. Strange issue.

Keep 'em stock. Problem solved.

While I appreciate racing stock vehicles, and indeed your input, I think I'll continue playing the game as I want to.

I just finished racing both cars bone stock. Slow as molasses!

But they drive straight and the Citroen is actually quite fun. VW not so much.

Good news to report: raising the ride height around 8-10 clicks seems to have done the trick; the Type III is actually quite competitive in C class.

I think this problem is caused by the ancient suspension designs of some of these cars. If you watch the tires while going over bumps with the stock suspension, you'll see the camber and toe do all kinds of weird stuff. Installing race suspension does nothing to change the suspension type on these cars (e.g. swing-axle) so when you lower them all the way, you sometimes end up with very strange settings by default. I also noticed the Type 3 being ALL over the place when i lowered it all the way (It goes pretty much too the ground) but adding what i would normally consider hazardous amounts of toe out completely fixed the problem and made the car very drivable, while still keeping it absurdly low.

Back