New wheel for OSW?

• Thread starter Sprocket
  • 4 comments
Denmark
Denmark
MortenCR
I lost patience waiting for the DD from Fanatec and ordered a Open Sim Wheel. It's the SW28 kit from Sim-Plicity (https://sim-pli.city/collections/all/products/sw28-28nm-direct-drive-wheel). I'm likely going to sell my Fanatec CSW V2.5 and Porsche 918 RSR rim to patch the resulting hole in my pocket, but I'm still going to order a Fanatec DD Podium wheelbase when its finally ready (I'm guessing Q3 2018 rather than "summer", as quoted by Fanatec).

Now I need a steeringwheel/shifter/buttonbox to put on the damn thing. So far the most affordable options seems to be the Sim Racing Coach SRC GT-1 or GT-Cup wheels (https://sim-lab.eu/product/steering-wheel-src-gt-1/). Any other "affordable" options I should consider? I want to keep costs down to around 400euro/£, for the complete buttonbox/paddleshifter/wheelrim package. I apreciate your suggestions.

Did you manage to find one?

I'm in a similar circumstance - with a Sim-plicity SW20 V2 the mail and I'm struggling to find a wheel to go with it. Through my searches I've come across that Simracing Coach as well. But it seems like an odd setup. I picked the wheel, picked the quick release, entered my details and clicked 'send' and got 'thanks for your message' or something similar (in Spanish) response on the webpage. That was about 5 days ago and I don't know whether that means anything is happening or not.. I didn't pay (wasn't given the opportunity to) and I received no confirmation email. Not sure if I should be looking elsewhere or not.

Rimotech seems to have some similarly priced wheels (about 700USD - so a touch more) and they don't look as good (imo).

Did you manage to find one?

I'm in a similar circumstance - with a Sim-plicity SW20 V2 the mail and I'm struggling to find a wheel to go with it. Through my searches I've come across that Simracing Coach as well. But it seems like an odd setup. I picked the wheel, picked the quick release, entered my details and clicked 'send' and got 'thanks for your message' or something similar (in Spanish) response on the webpage. That was about 5 days ago and I don't know whether that means anything is happening or not.. I didn't pay (wasn't given the opportunity to) and I received no confirmation email. Not sure if I should be looking elsewhere or not.

Rimotech seems to have some similarly priced wheels (about 700USD - so a touch more) and they don't look as good (imo).

I bought the Simracing Coach GT1 wheel through the Sim-Lab webshop (https://sim-lab.eu/product-category/steering-wheels/), where I bought my cockpit. Much easier than the poor spanish site. I havent tried using the wheel yet, as I received my OSW today, after 28 days of waiting. But the quality of the button box and shifters is very good and solid.

Ah ok, I might do the same, they don't have the quick releases there, but I guess I can pick one of those up later if need be. Cheers for the info

Back