New wheel set up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrishagan
  • 15 comments
  • 1,205 views
Messages
185
United Kingdom
Sunderland
Hi all just got myself a wheel and stand and am absolutely loving it, but just wondered if any one knows what the best setings are to use with it?
The wheel is the gran turismo logitech driving force, any help appreciated.
Thanks.
 
I am very happy with my Logitech wheel and I have not messed with the settings. It's a G27, and the only customization I've done is to assign some functions to buttons such as horn, headlights and look-behind. I have a friend with the same wheel as yours and I don't think he touched anything and loves it.

I'm working on the principle that if it's not broken, don't fix it. But I could be very, very wrong at the same time as being very, very happy!
 
I just turned off the power assist or whatever it's called. I also disabled the default wiper button since I always used to hit it and run with my wipers on. (I use bumper cam)
 
I have a G27 when I was playing on GT6 I did not change any settings and that goes with a logitech driving force to.
 
As long as you turn off Power Assisted Steering you should be good. Try with low FFB to start with if you find the wheel too heavy (if you haven't done so already), and simply work your way up until you find "the spot" that suits your tastes in feedback the best. 👍
 
For cheap thrills modify yours slightly:

image.jpg
 
Before I upgraded to the G27 I had the DFGT for a couple of years and was very happy. I used FF of 3-5 most of the time, power steering off. Ignore the "simulation, amateur etc." settings, they don't apply to this wheel even though you can select them.
 
I always have FFB set to 10 on all of the 3 wheels I've owned, & even then it doesn't seem as strong as in reality. I guess it all depends on what your personal preference is, try out lots of different settings & choose one that best suits you.
 
Well getting the hang of it now, i got my self a racing adjustable stand off ebay and its great, i went back to gt5 and started the 4hr nurburgring endurance event in a ford gt 2 race car with power steering off, steering to simulation and feedback to 6.
I have got the hang of it really easy now as i am 15 seconds quicker around the ring with the wheel than my controller so im well happy.
Only thing is i wish it was an endurance event in gt6 i was doing instead of having to go back to an older game.
Thanks.
 
Well getting the hang of it now, i got my self a racing adjustable stand off ebay and its great, i went back to gt5 and started the 4hr nurburgring endurance event in a ford gt 2 race car with power steering off, steering to simulation and feedback to 6.
I have got the hang of it really easy now as i am 15 seconds quicker around the ring with the wheel than my controller so im well happy.
Only thing is i wish it was an endurance event in gt6 i was doing instead of having to go back to an older game.
Thanks.
The simulation setting doesn't apply to your wheel. It's deceiving since you can change the setting, but it doesn't apply. It's meant for other wheels. I thought it worked too and was pretty convinced until someone proved me wrong in GT6.
 
The simulation setting doesn't apply to your wheel. It's deceiving since you can change the setting, but it doesn't apply. It's meant for other wheels. I thought it worked too and was pretty convinced until someone proved me wrong in GT6.
So what would you recommend for my wheel?
 
So what would you recommend for my wheel?
Turn off power assisted steering, and then find the level of force feedback that you feel comfortable with, I leave it at 5. Personally, I change the button assignment for R2 and L2 because I find I hit them sometimes during a turn.
 
Just plug it in your PS3 and use it. Works great right out of the box. I read several other posts in the past where people would turn the force feed back up to 10. They reported gears breaking in the wheel. I never touched any settings other than button assignment. My DFGT is almost 3 years old. It's plugged in all the time to the A/C outlet. I have used it several times a week in the three year time frame and have not had any issues at all. Only thing that has happened is that now when it is idle it makes a ticking sound and the wheel slightly moves left and right, i mean very slightly, you can't see it move. Does not affect how it drives. It seems a little loose at center position. Most likely due to normal wear. If it fried today and would have nothing to complain about. It has far exceeded my expectations of quality and reliability. Orange wheel used to adjust settings does not work as well as it used to either in GT5. Does not seem to be supported in GT6 or it has broke all together. Dont miss it either way. Hope this helps.
 
Just plug it in your PS3 and use it. Works great right out of the box. I read several other posts in the past where people would turn the force feed back up to 10. They reported gears breaking in the wheel. I never touched any settings other than button assignment. My DFGT is almost 3 years old. It's plugged in all the time to the A/C outlet. I have used it several times a week in the three year time frame and have not had any issues at all. Only thing that has happened is that now when it is idle it makes a ticking sound and the wheel slightly moves left and right, i mean very slightly, you can't see it move. Does not affect how it drives. It seems a little loose at center position. Most likely due to normal wear. If it fried today and would have nothing to complain about. It has far exceeded my expectations of quality and reliability. Orange wheel used to adjust settings does not work as well as it used to either in GT5. Does not seem to be supported in GT6 or it has broke all together. Dont miss it either way. Hope this helps.
Yes m8 thanks a lot, might keep the force feedback in the middle range.
 
Yes m8 thanks a lot, might keep the force feedback in the middle range.
Update: Orange wheel does work in career mode but not on-line. I don't really play career mode so only noticed last night while doing the Red Bull Jr Championship.
 
Back