New wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daviekhan
  • 7 comments
  • 763 views
Messages
46
Presently using my old trusty momo red with a squash ball but I want a shifter and a clutch.

Options seem to be the g25/27 or fanatec with clubman pedals
If we take money out the equation can I get some opinions on which would be the ultimate setup that I can still use from the sofa.

Thanks D
 
The Fanatec is great but I would not consider it if I were planing to drive from the sofa. This baby has some serious force feedback and you will want it mounted securely.

I do not know about the G series. I have a DFGT as well as the PWTS and the DFGT is a decent wheel and not to expensive. It does not come with a lap mount but I would think it might be able to be used as such.
 
I have a wheel mount I knocked up outta MDF that fits the sofa, sturdy and has fixings to stop any pedal movement.
 
In that case the big question would be do you have or do you think you may at some point buy an XBox 360? If so then the Fanatec PWTS is the way to go since it is the only one that supports both systems and is a great wheel. If you plan to stick to the PS3 then the Fanatec PWGT3RS V2 Club Sport would be a very good choice. I hear the G series is very good also and a bit cheaper but I would go the Fanatec route I think.
 
I do have a 360, bought the forza bundle but must admit lost interest in the game a tad too quickly, GPL and LFS where my main racers.
GT5 has certainly stolen my heart and forsee a rather long road ahead (excuse the pun) I think I've convinced myself and settling on the fanatec GT3 RS with clubsport pedals and 6+1 shifter though looks to be 1 to 2 months for orders but if it feels half as good as I hear it's worth the wait.
The wireless version that works with 360 that's got me in a bind, what if xbox comes out with a stunning racer, I'll be kicking myself!

Wots the big difference between GT2 and the GT3? Is it just the wireless or is there more too it?
 
The Fanatec is great but I would not consider it if I were planing to drive from the sofa. This baby has some serious force feedback and you will want it mounted securely.

I do not know about the G series. I have a DFGT as well as the PWTS and the DFGT is a decent wheel and not to expensive. It does not come with a lap mount but I would think it might be able to be used as such.

I drive a Fanatec PWTS on a Wheelstand Pro from the sofa without any issues - very stable.
 
I do have a 360, bought the forza bundle but must admit lost interest in the game a tad too quickly, GPL and LFS where my main racers.
GT5 has certainly stolen my heart and forsee a rather long road ahead (excuse the pun) I think I've convinced myself and settling on the fanatec GT3 RS with clubsport pedals and 6+1 shifter though looks to be 1 to 2 months for orders but if it feels half as good as I hear it's worth the wait.
The wireless version that works with 360 that's got me in a bind, what if xbox comes out with a stunning racer, I'll be kicking myself!

Wots the big difference between GT2 and the GT3? Is it just the wireless or is there more too it?

The GT3 is not compatiable with the XBox. They added some features to the V2 but it still is PS/PC.

The 911 Turbo S is the only one that supports all three platforms and of course costs about $100 more. It has the wireless support for the 360 and has a dongle for wiresless support with the PS3 or PC. Also has a usb cable to use with PS3 or PC. If you use the USB dongle and the USB cable it is possible to have it set up to all three system at once so all you have to do is press a couple of buttons on the wheel to switch between Xbox PS3 and PC racing. In may case all three are hooked to the same screen so it is rather nice.


BTW The GT3RS V2 is basically the same as the 911 Turbo S but without XBox support and a little different appearance.
 
Looks like the GT2 could be my best option then even with extra cost, have PC, xbox and ps3 wired into ma living room TV, 46" panasonic, wireless is always a boost....I'll sleep on it :-D
 
Back