New with GT5 hybriding

• Thread starter Wienish
  • 3 comments
Wienish
Hi all,

I've been off the forum for quite some time (I guess just over a year) and I see a lot has changed. I've decided to go with the time, and live in 2013.. There is this new thing to me, which is the Hybriding part. It looks like fun to me to have this premium Fiat 500F tuned like a beast.. So I found this program to make hybriding easier, and I just started working with the program, that allows you to swap the suspension, the drivetrain, the engine, the body, the chassis, the gearbox and what so ever.. I was wondering if there is anyone that already has a nice tune for the Fiat 500F '68. And I would like some explaination from a friendly fellow GTP member. What are things I have to keep in mind when doing these things? What are things to think of when swapping the drivetrain, or the engine, or the suspension?

I would be grateful if anyone could help me out.

Kind regards,
Wienish

PS: If asking for swapping tips is illegal, I'm sorry, I don't consider this as spreading information on how to make this happen, just as information to get the max out of it. I will although close the thread immediately when mods find this post offensive :)

We can not discuss hex codes, means of getting the tools to "hack" the game(save) or anything of the sort, but discussing swaps without telling how to do it is permitted as far as I can see.

I've simply taken the new Fiat 500 engine and drivetrain/suspension and put it into the good ol' 500, modernizing it, but I havent tried out different swaps, simply because I like mine to have somewhat of a heritage to what they are. The main thing to think about is what engine do you want, how many gears (and how they work with the car) and wheelbase. You could in theory just chuck in a 1000 HP engine with the gearbox and suspension from a X2011, but where's the fun in that?

From what I can remember, there isn't that many cars with the same (or close) wheelbase) as the 500, at least not with any good upgraded grip, so keep the chassis stock. Take a look around this forum, the GT5 general forum and the GT5 drifting forum for some good threads about stance, swaps and more ;)

I've tested it out with an X2010 engine and a M3 CSL chassis on a 500F.. HP multiplier on 2, but when I started the game, I 'just' had 600BHP. Also the wheels are like 4 inches off the car. Does the chassis regulate the wheel positioning? Or with other words, would the wheels be in right position if I had the 500F chassis but still the X1 engine?

yes, the chassis dictates the placing of the wheels. Thats why I rarely switch it around unless I go for race car version chassis of the car Im hybriding. And for the multiplier. I havent worked it out yet, but you'll need a higher number to get past whatever the stock HP number is. Work with it a bit, and see when you feel that it is satisfactory.

Back