New Year Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Christmas, New Year Seasonals) | Season 2!

• Thread starter Thomas2012
  • 22 comments
Australia
Melbourne
MJTbreww
GTP MJTbreww
Taken from Gran Turismo's facebook post which took you to their pitstop blog.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/2429

Thanks to @nowcontrol 👍
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First batch of events
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/2408

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

"The prize credits are increased to 15 million, and there are fantastic gift cars too! The stakes are high to begin with but even better if you challenger them after raising your login bonus to 200%!"

Happy holidays everyone :) I hope all is well for every single person

Last edited:
I remember the last Sierra time trial in the 700PP class that I could not even bronze. (was close, but no Cigar)

Now they want to do an X2014 Fan Car time trial there?

I once did the Ring at 5:15 when the Aliens were around 3:something.

Recently I tried one of the ?Dodge Vision GT cars at the Ring. With no success at a completed lap remaining on the track for a full lap.

A Fan Car at Sierra. Oh lord...

Also, anyone else notice the psudo-D1GP Murcielago in the drift trial picture?

Yes, stood out to me instantly. Daigo Saito's Murcielago right?

I remember the last Sierra time trial in the 700PP class that I could not even bronze. (was close, but no Cigar)

Now they want to do an X2014 Fan Car time trial there?

I once did the Ring at 5:15 when the Aliens were around 3:something.

Recently I tried one of the ?Dodge Vision GT cars at the Ring. With no success at a completed lap remaining on the track for a full lap.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to it so let's hope they have a generous timer like the Tomahawk X event, I completed it in 7th gear the whole time until I opened the flood gates with my right foot. Took 2 attempts still

I got a little over half way around La Sierra on the 3rd attempt and that was enough for last night.

I need to stop looking down at the speedometer! The highest I saw was 255 mph or something.

I'll have more time in the next two weeks :mischievous: to terrorize the track.

I dont understand the prizes. The game is 2years old and everyone has 50 mil on the account.
And they bought the prize cars long time ago. So whats the point of having them.
I would understand if PP is higher or unique colour but its the same cars from dealership.

I dont understand the prizes. The game is 2years old and everyone has 50 mil on the account.
And they bought the prize cars long time ago. So whats the point of having them.
I would understand if PP is higher or unique colour but its the same cars from dealership.
The point of winning the prize cars that you already have is a good thing, because lets say for example you have a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (500PP) and you won a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 prize car, instead of selling it or putting that car in the stockyard why don't you make it in to a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (550PP) tune, a lot of tuners do this instead of having just the one car 👍.

All I can say is I've been pretty fortunate with the prize cars. Most of them are the few that I don't already own, and I've got most of them. Still don't have the tank car believe it or not.

The point of winning the prize cars that you already have is a good thing, because lets say for example you have a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (500PP) and you won a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 prize car, instead of selling it or putting that car in the stockyard why don't you make it in to a Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (550PP) tune, a lot of tuners do this instead of having just the one car 👍.

But im not interested in owning 2 cars or more. I have anyways 50 mil. So i can buy tons and tons of cars
Still i dont get the point that they give us the cars we already have

But im not interested in owning 2 cars or more. I have anyways 50 mil. So i can buy tons and tons of cars
Still i dont get the point that they give us the cars we already have
Just be thankful we get free cars as prizes and they do come in handy, and if you don't like them just get rid of them or put them in the stockyard. I just about have all the cars in the game and if I win a prize car that I have already big deal.

Last edited:
As unfair as my idea is, I was hoping for the final Christmas/New Year seasonals would reward the anniversary cars to those who don't have them.

Kind of surprised PD hasn't made the anniversary cars available to everyone at this stage of the game's life (as far as I'm aware). I consider them gifts to those who purchased the game early on. I haven't used one in a year or more ever since my garage has been filled, but I've been meaning to revisit them.

Kind of surprised PD hasn't made the anniversary cars available to everyone at this stage of the game's life (as far as I'm aware). I consider them gifts to those who purchased the game early on. I haven't used one in a year or more ever since my garage has been filled, but I've been meaning to revisit them.

Yeah I was really hoping they would at some point but I understand why not since people had to buy the Anniversary edition. I never did stupidly, even though they aren't much I've really wanted them.

American non-race car and race car expert challenge / Death Valley original course
Won it on 5th full length attempt. All the corners look the same so you have to pay attention to keep track of where you are!

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
Random guess tune.
Start on Racing Hard Tyres.
Pit at the end of lap 5, half distance.
Fuel will be nearly 0!
Front left will be 1 or 0 if you don't protect it in the very fast, very long right corners.
Take full fuel and new Racing Hard Tyres.
End of race, fuel will be nearly 0 again.
25:18.296 total time.

Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 was 2nd place
Finished about 15 seconds behind me.
Caught 2nd place on lap 7, passed on lap 8.
Lifting off the throttle and using 5-10% braking helps in those tricky decreasing corners.
Stay to the inside and beware the steep off-camber exits.
The very bumpy chicane, argh hate this thing...take a wide entry at about 160km/h. Drive a straight line tight to both apex points on the right. Keep away from the left!

I expect there are better tunes and faster cars for this. It was an enjoyable, predictable drive. The style fits the event, too!

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09
Suspension
110 110
15.24 15.99
4 4
5 5
6 6
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

Brakes
2 1

Drivetrain
5 7 15
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Power
Limiter 75.1%
No power parts
No oil change

Gearbox
Final Gear to the right, maybe 4.700 or 4.800 I think.
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
Max speed all the way left

Body
Downforce: 350 575
No ballast
No rigidity improvement

Back