new years resolutions

  • Thread starter Thread starter inferno
  • 29 comments
  • 1,163 views
Messages
1,128
Ok, so it is now that some of us will be getting GT4 next year while others still dont get it until mid december. (and the 25th for some of you I'm sure) that seems close enough to a world wide 2005 release that perhaps a GT new years resolution is in order. Now is the time to drop any bad habits you might have caried this far into the series and take the next step toward being a true GT profesional. for some of you it might be wall riding, :dunce: for others it might be to never make a mistake again. lol :bowdown: for me its the driver aids. I've used them throughout GT3 and never thought twice about it. I've ben practicing without them a bit and its not that hard so from the sunday cup to the "whatever" challenge I resolve never to use either TCS or ASM in GT4.

This, should be interesting.

("fast" music, random GT4 race footage)
 
Why did I stop watching TV to read this...why god why?

I aim to wall ride more, I'm gonna use more cars to slow me down on corners, and I'm gonna cut up, annoy, and cheat other racers.
 
For my New Year's Resolution I'm not going to post in threads that complain about the release date of GT4, ask stupid questions about Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche or whinge about the scrapping of Online Mode ...
 
Mine really should be to switch to manual transmission...but come on...if the F1 drivers can get away with using an automatic then surely so can I...?

I think my other one is to not get mad when GT4 gets delayed again until July, which it probably will.

In fact maybe its best to just give up hope of GT4 in our lifetimes. The pages on this forum will be a great heirloom to pass down to our children....like a bible leading to the mythical land of Gran Turismo 4.

I should really go to bed...
 
Mine is to never use ASM again. I have been good about not using it, but I will continue to use TCS. I can't live without it. Another one is to not boycott all japanese cars that aren't WRX's, miata's or RX-7's. I will use them more. 👍
 
to improve suspension tuning and lap times.
to perfect drifts
to let go of steering wheel and let my friends have a go
to not insult my friends when they lose to me by half a lap or more :D
to train my friends so they can actually race with me (believe me I've done that to one of my friends... made him get a PS2 and GT3 haha)

Artz
 
Do you race?
For my New Year's Resolution I'm not going to post in threads that complain about the release date of GT4, ask stupid questions about Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche or whinge about the scrapping of Online Mode ...
Here, here!!!
 
Do you race?
For my New Year's Resolution I'm not going to post in threads that complain about the release date of GT4, ask stupid questions about Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche or whinge about the scrapping of Online Mode ...

All of the above... well said :)
 
To be faster at golding the licenses than I was in GT3. Which is why it will be the first thing I get out of the way in GT4. I never use ASM, but I usually keep TCS at 1 on higher-powered cars. Allows just enough slip. I also aim to start driving with the wheel, but simply because of familiarity, I'll stick to DS2 for the gold run.
 
code_kev
Why did I stop watching TV to read this...why god why?

I aim to wall ride more, I'm gonna use more cars to slow me down on corners, and I'm gonna cut up, annoy, and cheat other racers.
The Muppet strikes again. :dunce: < Code.
 
Do you race?
For my New Year's Resolution I'm not going to post in threads that complain about the release date of GT4, ask stupid questions about Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche or whinge about the scrapping of Online Mode ...

My resolutions will be to complain more about delayed release dates, whinge some more about the lack of all the manufactures that people actually want (Hyundai or Ferrari?, Hyundai or Ferrari? uummmm thats a hard choice...) and ask plenty more stupid questions about the dropping of a decent addition like 'online' when they could have spent more time and resources on perfecting it if they hadn't spent so much time ****ing about with crappy demos and new features like 'photo mode' or 'directors mode' that have little long term interest for a majority of fans.

because these are the things that really matter!
 
The Muppet strikes again. < Code.

I thought you blocked me?

The retard doesn't get sarcasm again <Mr P510 :ouch:

I hope this book helps you.
 

Attachments

  • sarcasm.JPG
    sarcasm.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
I shalt not apply thy X button in vain. :bowdown: ;)

And yeah I agree with TheCracker, they should have spent less time messing about & got the damn game out the door! Has GT set the record for the most demos/videos/media/bollocks hype/bollocks technical terms, in game ever?
 
T5-R
I shalt not apply thy X button in vain. :bowdown: ;)

And yeah I agree with TheCracker, they should have spent less time messing about & got the damn game out the door! Has GT set the record for the most demos/videos/media/bollocks hype/bollocks technical terms, in game ever?

not yet, but given the fact that GT4 seemingly has an infinite gestation period, i suspect it soon will surpass all previous records (GT3?)
 
Resolutions:

-Continue to not use driver aids!
-Drive the Sauber Mercedes because it's cool
-Improve my 4 wheel drifts and 'look-no-hands!' cornering for faster laptimes
-Drive some cars that understeer
-Learn to drive while stuck in certain gears, just for the hell of it
 
I'll try to :

-Get used to the DFP 900° mode (already started this with Toca Race Driver 2 on computer)
-get all the old school Muscle cars in the game and tune them to the end
-complain along with my father on the number of MX-5 and WRX while we'd like to see more american muscle
-show my father how much I drive better than him (this is gonna be the hard part)
-try to master the complexity of Bathurst in those curves with walls and no visibility
-try to get the hype about the Nurburgring, because I don't get it
-complain about everything that is missing in the game
-play GT4, and forget about all the missing stuff
 
-To apply newfound knowledge
-Driving with as less aids as possible
-Shift manually (trying to learn in Prologue)
-Buy/Win every Mercedes
-Continue not-wallriding
-Curse frequently about the progress difference between Europe-rest of the world.
 
Woah!
I though everyone here was hardcore GT players. :)

Havent Used Traction control or stabilty control since GT2, and now ive discovered another element, the Sim type tyres or at least as they are in prologue the Road tyre, Never used them in GT3 but if I now select a car in prologue I feel im Cheating myself if i dont use the road tyre.

Couple all this with the new DFP, & you can really get a feel of the car, and attain a certain sense of achievement when you can keep it under control and achieve fast lap times.

So I guess my new years resolution will be to drive all the stock cars, on all the tracks, with Sim/Road tyres until i can consistantly put in good times, all with the DFP and no aids.
 
Of course, I drive with driver aids some of the time. When I get a new car and forget to turn the damn things off!
 
Well, I find it funny that you people start adiscussion about this because I recently started playing GT3 again with manual transmission (I was automatic before) and without any driving assist. And what a challenge to drive a 370 bhp Trueno that burns rubber from 1st to 5th gear on the start and that starts drifting without any effort from yours to make it drift. I seriously rediscovered the whole GT fun I had in GT2.

In GT4, I'll drive manual from the start and turn all aids off. Maybe I'll stay automatic for licenses too, if I can't get them gold manual. And BTW, I stopped wallriding a way back, same about hitting opponents to help me turn corners.

See ya. :sly:
 
That whole walriding thing was just sarcasim guys. I didnt actualy think that anybody still did that. Just a joke. :odd:
 
-Make every car drive as realistically as possible with or without Aids...but never use ASM, I hate it.
-Definitely become a better drifter, i'm horrible at it.
-Become a much better tuner. Although with all the AI complaints already, i might not need to.
-NOT to accidently erase my game 93 percent into it!! (Happened almost 2 years ago).
 
Actually you just reminded me of something else I need to do as a resolution!

-Learn to set a car up properly
 
F310B
Actually you just reminded me of something else I need to do as a resolution!

-Learn to set a car up properly

i plan to clock gt4 using the driving force pro on simulation mode (if its present) and no asm or tcs

can someone tell if u can get 100% on gt3 without owning every car
 
SuntoucherUK
Mine really should be to switch to manual transmission...but come on...if the F1 drivers can get away with using an automatic then surely so can I...?

I think my other one is to not get mad when GT4 gets delayed again until July, which it probably will.

In fact maybe its best to just give up hope of GT4 in our lifetimes. The pages on this forum will be a great heirloom to pass down to our children....like a bible leading to the mythical land of Gran Turismo 4.

I should really go to bed...



the f1 drivers automatic is really semi-automatic (sequential) witch is a clutchless gearbox but gears are still selected by the driver and this is the same as the manual set up in gt so really F1 frivers are no ecxcuse switch to manual its easy once you get the hang of it and helps toavoid falling asleep when your lapping trail mountain in a stock mx-5 :yuck:
 
nsx_vtec
i plan to clock gt4 using the driving force pro on simulation mode (if its present) and no asm or tcs

can someone tell if u can get 100% on gt3 without owning every car

Surely you can. All you have to do is not get all-golds on the I-A license, then you will not own the Aston Martin Vanquish V12. I imagine there are many other cars too!
 
mine would be to just stop using cars that are blisteringly fast, and own people with slower cars. and shift better when using manual transmission.
 
Back