Newbie from the Philippines

• Thread starter The A.J.
  • 28 comments
Hi GT Planeteers!

I'm a newbie from the Philippines. Down South in Davao to be exact.

My wife just gave me a PS3 as my First Father's Day present.

The reason why I wanted a PS3 is to continue playing Gran Turismo.

I have the GT5 Prologue. I'm not sure if it's a Spec I.

It's in Japanese, so I find it hard to navigate the settings.

Can anyone give me tips on how to proceed to Class C to Class B and so on?

I already got gold trophies in Class C but cant seem to progress.

Thanks!

AJ

Welcome dude. :cheers:

This is the GT5P forums, you can find the advice you need here, just ask, you can also find some kind japanese members who can "teach" you how to navigate the menus. Link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Good luck, and be sure to update your copy, the Evora worth all the pain in updating the game. :D

Welcome to GTPlanet! I'm also from the Philippines. Filipinos in GTPlanet are scarce these days.
Anyway, Enjoy touring around this site!:cheers::gtpflag:

We're scarce? Every single forum I go to, someone's always coming on and asking "Kumsta! Where are the Pinoys in the house?" :lol:

You'd think there was no other nationality... :D

I'm Filipino by blood but born in America. My dad is from Malabon and my mom is from Nampicuan. I visited four times to PI to date.

Wow! It's great to hear from fellow kababayans here.

Thank you for the tips and let's show them how we drive here in the Philippines! :)

We're scarce? Every single forum I go to, someone's always coming on and asking "Kumsta! Where are the Pinoys in the house?" :lol:

You'd think there was no other nationality... :D
I do that on XBL and I get bashed at.

@niky-So how many Pinoys here in GTPlanet? I can't find other kababayans that play Gran Turismo know anything about GTPlanet.

There used to be about a dozen or so active Pinoys on board... some still drop by occassionally. Dozens more, probably who just lurk.

I do that on XBL and I get bashed at.

:lol: At least nobody asks you if you're looking for a rich Caucasian lover... :lol:

Hey guys, count me in! I'm also from the Philippines, Tagum City Davao del Norte to be exact. Pls include me in your list of online friends. My PSN ID is "doctsuru_69". I had a renewed interest in (and I only play) Gran Turismo due to its online feature. My set up: PS3, Gran Turismo 5, Logitech G25, 24" HDMI LCD TV, and a personally modified racing seat (bought a car seat from a junk shop and constructed a metal frame for my system). My interest lately is NASCAR racing.

Hey Im also from the PI Im from Quezon city though. Nice to see felow pinoys here as well. I thought I was alone... lol

@ GTP_V8SuperCars - thanks for the warm welcome!

@ doctsuru_69 - great! I'm in Davao City... I haven't seen anyone here yet with the playseat. Did you order for the whole thing? Or custom made yourself? Would it be ok if you could post some pics? At least I could convince my wife to get me one when she sees it. Hehehehe...

@ The A.J. - check this out --- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=1589

nice to see some pinoys here 👍 we should all race/meet online sometimes..it would be fun

Last edited:
Why don't you guys initiate an all-Pinoy group wherein we can do group racing on a regular basis, and share tips and experiences. Probably we can start by putting up a facebook account coz it's much easier to communicate there. What do you think AJ?

Why don't you guys initiate an all-Pinoy group wherein we can do group racing on a regular basis, and share tips and experiences. Probably we can start by putting up a facebook account coz it's much easier to communicate there. What do you think AJ?

Count me IN!

I already added your YM, kindly accept me nalang...

Thanks bro!

im down with that! i'll keep checking this thread to see whats up.

doctsuru_69- nice rig setup! looks very stable

Tnx bro, hapi talaga ako sa set-up ko coz of it's stability. What's ur set-up?

Count me IN!

I already added your YM, kindly accept me nalang...

Thanks bro!

Tnx AJ, I will do that. Medyo busy lang ako lately. What's ur Spec A level? I learned lately na dapat level 21 pala tayo before we can aquire NASCAR unit. I just reached level 21 last night and acquired my Chevrolet NASCAR unit. Im tuning it up pa para maka compete with the american riders. Ang galing nila, but i hope we can compete with them. :)

Tnx bro, hapi talaga ako sa set-up ko coz of it's stability. What's ur set-up?

i made my own rig as well, diy din nothing fancy and w/ a dfgt at the moment..planning to upgrade to a fanatec wheel but w/ all the issues they're having i think i'll wait it out..

pa add na lang ako guys when u get a chance, psn: P__Reeto (thats w/ double underscore) or pm or post your psn here i'll add you.

I race a lil bit of nascar as well w/ my bro and in laws (pinoy din). it would be more fun if madami tayo.
see you guys online and keep this thread alive!

Acceptable Use Policy
Your use of any public discussion medium (collectively, the “forums”) hosted by GTPlanet and its affiliate sites indicates your acceptance of the GTPlanet Privacy Policy, those terms found on the registration page and in this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). The AUP can be modified at any time, and your continued use of the forums indicates your acceptance of the modified terms.

By using these forums, you agree to the following:

You will post all messages in English.
I really don't want to ruin the fun but

Welcome! GT5 is an awesome game. More game than "simulator" I must say.
I was born in the Phils. but have been in NY for over 30 years...

Add my PSN and just memo "pinoy". We can set up an online race in anybody's lounge.

Mabuhay!

Back