Newbie need Help !!??!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GEMu
  • 11 comments
  • 683 views
Messages
44
Hi everyone
I'm very new in here ,My name is Gem and Extreamly love a GT4.
I like this Kind of RacingGame NOT how a NFS goes, stupidtrack, braking was useless, just a few of few of a GT4 cars and etc **** stuff.
Infact, I played that game for a while and when I drove on a GT4 I almost broke a CD of NFS and burn it into a dust HAHAHA

I'm play it all day and allnight so I get 35.9% around couple of weeks, not bad IMO.

Lets get into a point
Now I stucked in GT WorldChampionship with my Minolta could you please instruct me how to pass I try it around 4 hours and a same thing NewYork,Hongkong,the last one cant remember it's name actually Sarte something I lose and now my win ratio keep goes down [about 75% when time I wrote this]

Please Help !!

ps. Is my Minolta too slow If yes tell me how to get a new one
ps2. If any word in this Topic sound weird or wrong spelling I'm sorry bcoz I'm just 13yearolds in Thailand and ABSOLUTLY stupid in English.
ps3. <-------- I WANT IT

BestRegards
GEM .
 
ok man, the minolta is not slow as ive never seen it slow. why dont you try an oil change or perhaps try using the Toyota TS0220 Race Car or Nissan R92CP
 
actually i tried the minolta myself and had little success im gonna have to agree with imprezaaddict and go with the TS020 or the R92CP
 
GEMu
I'm just 13yearolds in Thailand and ABSOLUTLY stupid in English.

I am a 28 year old and 0% Thai speaker. Do not worry.
 
Look here:-

GTP Race Report Reference Thread

There's at least 10 different reviews of the GTWC in different cars, which have lap times to aim for and pit strategy tips which should help you win this.
The Minolta is more than a match for this series, should wipe the floor with the AI entrants in the hands of a competent driver.

If you're looking for a challenge, turn off your console. Enter and exit the championship 7 times. This is the lineup you'll face, and the hardest one I came across:-

Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '88
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car '89
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88
Mazda 787B Race Car '91


If you're looking for an easy ride, Enter and exit once more (a total of 8 times)
and you'll come across this lineup:-

Toyota GT-ONE
Gillet Vertigo
BMW McLaren F1 LM
Chevy Camaro LM
Chaparral 2D


Only the Toyota should be any threat to you at all.
In a race where you expect tyre wear to be a problem, pit once, in the middle of the race, e.g. end of lap 5 in a 10 lap race or end of lap 8 in a 15 lap race.
There is a wear-in time for tyres to go from blue up to racing temp, and a wear-down time where your laptimes will suffer because the tyres have started to go orange / red. If you pit half-way through instead of when you need to, you'll only have to deal with 2 wear-in periods, as opposed to 2 wear-ins and a slow period when your original set of tyres are wearing out, if you pit only when you need to. This is the downfall of the AI cars, since they always pit late and after a slow lap on worn tyres. They're also notoriously slow on new tyres as they warm up, so if you've pitted early, your tyres will be at optimal race temperature during their slow pit-in lap and for 2 more slow laps while they warm up their new tyres! They are also capable of some incredible moments of stupidity, like pitting in at the end of their penultimate lap!!
Superspeedway you shouldn't need to pit for at all.
The Toyota is similar in many respects to the Mazda which I raced, so he will not pit at all, (or very late if he does) at Tokyo, but in most other places he'll pit with 1 - 3 laps to go, and as long as you're within 15 - 20s behind him when he does, you should sneak though for the win every time!
Leave maximum downforce set on the front and rear of the car, which sounds weird, as far as tyre wear goes, but it works differently. If you have maximum downforce, the car will be more stable, and less likely to slide in the bends, and therefore will wear tyres less quickly. Try to avoid slamming the brake pedal full-on immediately. If you can stop at about 75% on that's the optimal braking point (will take some getting used to!) and you'll avoid locking the wheels, and scuffing your tyres, meaning they'll last longer!
If you use the practice mode, you can set your gears optimally for each track, do a practice lap and make sure you're just about hitting the redline in top gear at the fastest point of any give track. If not, pit in, and change your gear ratio autoset value up or down until you're making full use of your gears.
(Tokyo and Sarthe will require much longer ratios than Hong Kong or Opera Paris.)

[SEARCH]GTWC[/SEARCH] A search for GTWC should also bring up a wealth of information to help you out enormously too.

Lastly, if you haven't already, do the S-licence tests, try to go for at least silver on each test. It'll make you quicker round some of the tracks you come across in GTWC by forcing you to drive good lines without leaving the track. Once the racing line is burnt into your memory, you'll find you reap the benefits of being a faster driver.

Hope this isn't too much English for you to handle all at once, but it has all the information you'll need. Good luck! :cheers: Welcome to GT Planet! :D
P.S. For a 13 year-old posting in a foreign language, you post was very good, understandable, not absolutely stupid, as you suggested. :)
 
WoW That very nice !
I will try it tomorrow Thanks you guy very much

Regards
GEMu
 
Smallhorses has prett ymuch covered your problem, so welcome to GTPlanet and enjoy.
 
I got a line up like smallhorses said but if I recall it was

Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '88
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car '89
and...
Nissan R92C
Gillete Vertigo who was the only dud in the race.

That GTC was really hard as the nissans would be 2 and 3 after the Minolta and I swear they were blocking for the minolta in close formation on most tracks. They pushed me off the road on several occasions. I lost the GTC by 2 points on my first attempt. Second attempt I got a different field with a R92C as the leader. Was alot easier since I didnt have to fight 4 fast cars grouped like a pack of wolves. I golded every race on that try except I think 1 silver. BTW car used was a black R92C stock R2/R1. And for the record the Minolta 88C-V is really fast and handles well when tuned right (very stiff with way too much understeer if default tunings).
 
I won with a stock Minolta, infact it was a slight overkill, exept from on Hong
bloody Kong
 
Have you thrown on the biggest turbo you can? You shouldn't have any problems then.
 
DQuaN
Have you thrown on the biggest turbo you can? You shouldn't have any problems then.

That's not good advice. :yuck:
Slapping a huge turbo on doesn't encourage good driving, or good tyre-wear. 👎
A stock 786HP Bentley Speed 8 was easy enough to beat the hardest lineup I could find in, so bolting a stage 4 turbo onto a car with more than 900HP to begin with is overkill don't you think?
 
Smallhorses
That's not good advice. :yuck:
Slapping a huge turbo on doesn't encourage good driving, or good tyre-wear. 👎
A stock 786HP Bentley Speed 8 was easy enough to beat the hardest lineup I could find in, so bolting a stage 4 turbo onto a car with more than 900HP to begin with is overkill don't you think?

Yeah it makes more wheelspin caused by torque and horses. Though it gives more speed on courses like Test Course and super Speedway, youll have serious trouble on the Nurb or some other twisty track
 
Back