Newbie Q

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 8 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
So am trying to spend less time on GTS and broaden my horizons.

Now have AC and trying to get into it.

Am at Novice Level 2 in career mode and am perplexed by what I should do at the end of a race.
It always fades to black (long after finish line crossed) and then opens with you in the pits, cars whizzing by, stopwatch going......
Sometimes it then (after a while) goes to the event screen, I press "back" and all is good. But if you do it before the event screen (eventually) comes up, it doesn't credit you with finishing the race.
Example, this morning I finished race 3 in Novice 2, won, went to the pits and I pressed "back". Went back to main screen and it said I'd only completed 2 events (when it was actually 3)

In a nutshell, when the race finishes, what are you supposed to do???? :confused:

So am trying to spend less time on GTS and broaden my horizons.

Now have AC and trying to get into it.

Am at Novice Level 2 in career mode and am perplexed by what I should do at the end of a race.
It always fades to black (long after finish line crossed) and then opens with you in the pits, cars whizzing by, stopwatch going......
Sometimes it then (after a while) goes to the event screen, I press "back" and all is good. But if you do it before the event screen (eventually) comes up, it doesn't credit you with finishing the race.
Example, this morning I finished race 3 in Novice 2, won, went to the pits and I pressed "back". Went back to main screen and it said I'd only completed 2 events (when it was actually 3)

In a nutshell, when the race finishes, what are you supposed to do???? :confused:

I'd like to know that too!
As for what I normally do when the race finishes...

a) check GTPlanet :gtplanet:
b) make a drink
c) have a p

:lol:

Indeed! Once you cross the finish Line, your car will be teleported to the pits. You'll need to wait until all AI cars have passed the finish line (can take up to 2 minutes). After that you'll get the result and you can quit the event.

I was hoping there would be a way to avoid sitting around waiting. It's a bit crap, to be honest. A ten minute race followed by a 2 minute wait. I know this is to complete the AI laps for timing but it's not well thought out - there should be a way to "skip" it.

Only good thing is it allows time for natural breaks as per my a b c above...

Has always bugged me to.

Also in replays it really really bugs me on a lot of replays 10 to 30 seconds maybe more can be waisted just waiting for the race to start.

Back