Newbie Ques - Limited number of cars after update

• Thread starter EJScarfo
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
So I decided to jump into the driving sim world and got a used copy of Gran Turismo Sport for my PS4 Pro. I inserted the disc, did the quick setup for my controller and started to play. I chose to have the update run in the background while I explored the track and cars, so I guess I was in "offline" mode. I ran a few races on a couple of different tracks with a couple of different cars. I was surprised at the amount of cars that were available, I drove a McLaren, a C7R and a few other cars. The update completed and I exited the game and put the PS4 in sleep mode. When I went in later on to play, I saw some new tracks but most of the available cars were gone! There were only about 10 available cars to use, plus on gift car I received. Both the McLaren and C7R I used before were gone and I only found them for sale in the PlayStation store.

So what gives? I'm sure I did something wrong but I'd like to know what so I can get those cars back. Anyone ever have this scenario happen to them? I've read posts about cars disappearing from their garage, but nothing that resembled that from an initial install.

Any help is appreciated.

So I decided to jump into the driving sim world and got a used copy of Gran Turismo Sport for my PS4 Pro. I inserted the disc, did the quick setup for my controller and started to play. I chose to have the update run in the background while I explored the track and cars, so I guess I was in "offline" mode. I ran a few races on a couple of different tracks with a couple of different cars. I was surprised at the amount of cars that were available, I drove a McLaren, a C7R and a few other cars. The update completed and I exited the game and put the PS4 in sleep mode. When I went in later on to play, I saw some new tracks but most of the available cars were gone! There were only about 10 available cars to use, plus on gift car I received. Both the McLaren and C7R I used before were gone and I only found them for sale in the PlayStation store.

So what gives? I'm sure I did something wrong but I'd like to know what so I can get those cars back. Anyone ever have this scenario happen to them? I've read posts about cars disappearing from their garage, but nothing that resembled that from an initial install.

Any help is appreciated.
You played Arcade Mode of v1.00.

Since the very first Day One update, Arcade Mode has only had eight cars, plus whatever is in your garage - which will be nothing but whatever you received as a starter car if you haven't played anything else.

You played Arcade Mode of v1.00.

Since the very first Day One update, Arcade Mode has only had eight cars, plus whatever is in your garage - which will be nothing but whatever you received as a starter car if you haven't played anything else.

I did play around in Arcade Mode while the update was downloading. It was just weird that when I first started playing, all those cars were available to drive and then after the update finished, they were gone. I wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with how the game was playing or was updated. If it's normal only to have those 8 cars, then having additional cars at the very first play was a glitch if I'm reading your comment right, correct?

I did play around in Arcade Mode while the update was downloading. It was just weird that when I first started playing, all those cars were available to drive and then after the update finished, they were gone. I wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with how the game was playing or was updated. If it's normal only to have those 8 cars, then having additional cars at the very first play was a glitch if I'm reading your comment right, correct?
Nope, that's how it was on the disc.

As soon as you install the very first update, it changes to just those cars plus what's in your garage (far left option).

Both the McLaren and C7R I used before were gone and I only found them for sale in the PlayStation store.
You don't have to buy cars from the PlayStation Store, you can obtain them in-game. If you drive more than 26.21 miles in a day, you get a free car. If you complete the license tests, missions and circuit experiences in the Campaign section, you'll get more free cars, as well as earning credits you can use to buy cars from Brand Central in the game. You might have to get gold to get the free cars, I can't remember. You can also get some cars from the mileage exchange.

Back