Newbie to gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mclaren_96
  • 8 comments
  • 786 views
Messages
1
Messages
Mclaren_96
Hello I have had all the gt games and I am getting gt5 next week and I was wondering if there are any Porsches in it because in previous games they were just called Ruf cars. Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No only RUF.I heard that Porsche has got a contract with NFS. But I dont know why it is on Forza and not on GT :S. Maybe on PS only for NFS ?
 
No Porsches, just RUFs.
 
The RUFs are okay though, can be tuned pretty good. I have been beated by some yellowbirds on ssr7, so there are definatly potential when we are speakin about 700-750 hp cars. Even though i dont kow the max hp on the RUFs....
 
It's not JUST RUF, guys. If you didn't know, a RUF will always beat the Porsche it derived from, comparable to a Lingenfelter Corvette for example, or a Brabus Mercedes, Alpina BMW. Why are you guys so obsessed with Porsche, is it only the badge on the hood or what??
 
It's not JUST RUF, guys. If you didn't know, a RUF will always beat the Porsche it derived from, comparable to a Lingenfelter Corvette for example, or a Brabus Mercedes, Alpina BMW. Why are you guys so obsessed with Porsche, is it only the badge on the hood or what??

Because Porsche is different than Ruf. It doesn't matter if the Porsche isn't always as fast around a track, they're simply more iconic. Not everyone wants to drive the absolute fastest car either, if that were the case PD could cut the car list down to one car.

The Yellowbird is a historic and important car, but other than that Ruf isn't really that "important", relatively speaking, in automotive history, or in racing, especially compared to Porsche.

In my mind, it is "just a Ruf" compared to a Porsche.
 
Of course, I'd like to have some of Porsche's racing-icons in the game, like the 906, 908, 917 or 956 (a Carrera GT would also be nice). But until they appear, I'm fine with a Ferrari 330, Jaguar XJ13, Ford GT and a dozen of the finest race-cars Le Mans has ever seen.
 
It's not JUST RUF, guys. If you didn't know, a RUF will always beat the Porsche it derived from, comparable to a Lingenfelter Corvette for example, or a Brabus Mercedes, Alpina BMW. Why are you guys so obsessed with Porsche, is it only the badge on the hood or what??

No its not just the badge but the great racing heritage that Porsche has & is still adding to. Never heard of a RUF winning Le Mans.
 
Welcome to GT5 and GTP. All of the cars can be found on the GT5 Official Car List. Just CTRL+F and type in the name of the car. 👍

:gtpflag:
 
Back