• Thread starter jfxr242
  • 6 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand
New Zealand
Hi everyone

very new here and have some questions so looking for some help / advice, thanks in advance

Im looking to buy a racing cockpit, monitor, wheel, pedals and pc - the whole shebang lol

Is there a minimum spec i should go for in each item ?

should i buy new or secondhand ?

how much do you think i need to spend

Thanks guys

J

Before you go out and spend good money, play the game, get to know what you are going to be doing, do you have the room for a cockpit setup?

Hi everyone

very new here and have some questions so looking for some help / advice, thanks in advance

Im looking to buy a racing cockpit, monitor, wheel, pedals and pc - the whole shebang lol

Is there a minimum spec i should go for in each item ?

should i buy new or secondhand ?

how much do you think i need to spend

Thanks guys

J
Minimum spec would be the best you can reasonably afford ;).

What kind of budget you have would be of great help to those here who can help.... and if you're looking for a PC set up you'd probably be better off asking in the dedicated Sim Racing Hardware Forum https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/

Minimum spec would be the best you can reasonably afford ;).

What kind of budget you have would be of great help to those here who can help.... and if you're looking for a PC set up you'd probably be better off asking in the dedicated Sim Racing Hardware Forum https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/
thanks, budget is flexible just dont want to spend too little and get a crap set up or spend too much and get a set up i don't really need

I will have a look in the other forum thanks for that

Goodmorning @jfxr242 and welcome!

I'm not new to the game, but I just bought a wheel two months ago so I will share my experience so far.

At first, I bought the G29 wheel with a shifter, however, I don't use it. It was just a very good deal for both. I find the shifter useless when you can use the flippers on the wheel. I didn't have a great setup at first, connected the wheel to my desk and the pedals where lose on the ground. I got some problems with my neck and back when using it like this so I decided to upgrade.

On recommendation from some forum users I bought the wheelstand pro V2. After that I dind't have any problems physically and driving is much better after.

Keep in mind that it takes a lot of time to get used to it, especially when you are new to the game.

Good luck!!

E396CCBA-FF3E-4D86-B999-9401EA85925A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back