Newby help with Elger C9

• Thread starter JackVa1
  • 2 comments
PS3
I was finally able to finish all races but the C9 Elger which I am working on but failing miserable with the Acura .

My first question is about the controller. I'm an old guy and my last controller was an Atari joy stick.

So - If I use the right knob for throttle/Brake, I find it difficult to shift.

Same with steering with the left control knob - forces me to downshift with my Ring finger and it's awkward.

Do I need a wheel to compete in these events? Or just some coaching on the knobs?

I have learned to turn all controls off for speen and realism but I am very exposed driving the Elger.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am 59 and just bought a PS3 for the Blue Ray and love the gaming but if I can not advance I'll have to buy Tiger Woods Golf!

Just...keep at it. C9 gave me some newb hell when first bought Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, but now I have the game beaten and 73/74 cars, and missing one gold trophy. Just keep at it. ANy new driver improves with good practice. Maybe take the Acura for a time trial around the Eiger, just so you can have somepredictions and a nice racing line.

Hi Jack, I'm no youngster myself lol, I changed the controls so that I'm braking with the left trigger, power on right trigger (much better than the X button and a sore thumb lol)
change gear with Square UP and Circle down, with thumb, try it, I think it's better.
I use the left stick or D pad to steer.

worth a try. Also be a bit of a bully with the AI lol
I used the Honda Integra Type R '04 and it was not too hard :) C9

Back