Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
On Xbox top is currently 816k, I'm sitting 4th with 756k. Dunno if I can get over 800k but I can definitely beat my score, but that last lap always seems to come with problems as the taxis start damaging themselves and trying to overtake each other. It's a fun event though so I don't at all mind making another attempt.

Have we established whether assists are faster in this game? I just turned them all off first thing thinking that broken old derby cars won't have traction control or ABS, so I don't have any experience with them.

I've started taking that 90 wide too, except on the first lap where the taxi there is always on the outside on the racing line. It can still be tricky when the taxi affects your apex, but it's more reliable than the kerb jump.

Good to hear the suspension tuning doesn't matter, means the broken tuning on the Xbox isn't too important. I'm really happy with the default gears, and while a click towards rear brake might help I find I'm balanced pretty fine as it is.

You're doing well! I've seen up to 1.9s for the bonus now, so I know a lucky run could get me a higher score, maybe one more checkpoint. It's time to restart when you find a dead taxi in the middle of the x-over :lol:

TC off just helps so much to rotate the car though. I haven't tried but I imagine TC would make that tight loop annoying.

I've settled on suspension in the middle anyway, might even try a click firmer. Gears a click shorter, diff a click more locked, and brakes a click rearward. Not convinced that any of it has made me any faster!

On the weekly challenge, I've got down to 3:00.1xx. I'm going to change the gearing on Hoonicorn Jr (as @Vic Reign93 calls it) to see if I can lessen the wheel spin. I'm not only fighting traffic but the steering and wheelspin on every lap.

I had a glitch happen to me earlier that might explain some questionable scores on the leaderboard... I'm not sure if it's repeatable, I tried once to mimic what I did but it didn't work. I just restarted because I didn't wanna be that douche on the leaderboard with an obvious bogus score, but it meant that I was starting with 48 seconds on the countdown instead of the normal 20 seconds. :eek:

I'll admit, part of me wanted to run it just to see what I'd end up with, but I didn't want to risk the score being posted.

You're doing well! I've seen up to 1.9s for the bonus now, so I know a lucky run could get me a higher score, maybe one more checkpoint. It's time to restart when you find a dead taxi in the middle of the x-over :lol:

TC off just helps so much to rotate the car though. I haven't tried but I imagine TC would make that tight loop annoying.

I've settled on suspension in the middle anyway, might even try a click firmer. Gears a click shorter, diff a click more locked, and brakes a click rearward. Not convinced that any of it has made me any faster!

Thanks, I'm up to 766k now, the last lap always kills me as there is always a taxi crawling through the apex of turn 2 so I have to slow waaaay up or just yeet it over the kerb and that usually is what keeps me from making it to the checkpoint there or the next one. Somehow that taxi never ends up wrecked someplace else on the track for me.

Biggest bonus I've had was 2.6secs, but I perfectly used the door of a taxi to go around the crossover, and have never been able to replicate it.

One "tip" I've found for those who are running out of time approaching the crossover... you can go either direction around the crossover you want. The "normal" way (counter clockwise) is faster, but it takes longer to get to the checkpoint. If you won't have time to get to the checkpoint going the normal way, you can go clockwise and you will hit the checkpoint sooner and extend your time. It's too slow going clockwise to make it to the next checkpoint, but it's a way to sneak a little extra score in right at the buzzer.

I like the gears where they are stock because you do the whole track using only 3rd and 4th. Sometimes need to drop to 2nd at the crossover if a taxi disrupts you, but normally as long as you keep a little wheelspin for rotation it will stay up far enough in the RPM to still have good drive off the corner.

The new cars and their customization options are awesome, can't wait to see what else Season 2 has in store!

One interesting quirk I've noticed about the Hoonicorn replica is that the default livery has a similar look to the Ford Fiesta Ken Block used in Gymkhana 3. ;)

It also has a livery that I crudely refer to as "eye****ing stripes" that was on the Hoonigan Focus RX cars one year.

It also has a glitch too, on the hood some of the stickers for some of the liveries are mirrored down the center, but if you change to one of the other hoods, it will fix it.

Any new tracks in the update?

One new track, with forwards and reverse variants. Street circuit with Gran Turismo Seattle vibes.

I had a glitch happen to me earlier that might explain some questionable scores on the leaderboard... I'm not sure if it's repeatable, I tried once to mimic what I did but it didn't work. I just restarted because I didn't wanna be that douche on the leaderboard with an obvious bogus score, but it meant that I was starting with 48 seconds on the countdown instead of the normal 20 seconds. :eek:

I'll admit, part of me wanted to run it just to see what I'd end up with, but I didn't want to risk the score being posted.

Yeah, that would be about double score - a bit obvious! That kind of thing might be how the 1.3 million score happened, player might not have even realised it wasn't correct!

Thanks, I'm up to 766k now, the last lap always kills me as there is always a taxi crawling through the apex of turn 2 so I have to slow waaaay up or just yeet it over the kerb and that usually is what keeps me from making it to the checkpoint there or the next one. Somehow that taxi never ends up wrecked someplace else on the track for me.

Biggest bonus I've had was 2.6secs, but I perfectly used the door of a taxi to go around the crossover, and have never been able to replicate it.

One "tip" I've found for those who are running out of time approaching the crossover... you can go either direction around the crossover you want. The "normal" way (counter clockwise) is faster, but it takes longer to get to the checkpoint. If you won't have time to get to the checkpoint going the normal way, you can go clockwise and you will hit the checkpoint sooner and extend your time. It's too slow going clockwise to make it to the next checkpoint, but it's a way to sneak a little extra score in right at the buzzer.

Last night I decided to try TCS and Stability on half, I know, lame right?! Decidedly easier to get power down, still slides when I wanted it to, and in the end after a bit of getting used to it, I went faster. Not sure how dirty I feel :lol: I think I could most likely get my new score without those aids but it would take some work. Basically I got round to the checkpoint at the x-over and used your trick to make it, had a few runs around 750k putting me in the top 2 or 3%.

Also last night someone hacked a 10,000,000 score :rolleyes: I guess that prompted a cleanup, so tonight it looks like this on PC...

20200918232244_1_800px.jpg

Well ok then :D

Run was going really well until I rounded the corner and saw this...

20200920021854_1.jpg

Needless to say, it didn't end well. I should've gone for the gap rather than heading round the outside, because the middle car hit the left one and it reacted by driving into me :irked:

Oh and I've seen the "48 seconds at the start bug" on PC now, so that's a thing :(

I finally got gold in the monthly challenge, but only just. If more people race it and get slower times, I'll move up the standings percentage-wise. But if they post faster times, then I move down. So I'll have to keep at it. Currently have a time of 2:51.xxx. I'd love to get under 2:50.

I’n in the top 4% in the monthly challenge with a time of 2.50.XXX on the PS4. For fun’s sake I tried to improve my time but could not make it into the high 2.49 - for now.

Didn’t have any luck for the seasonal challenge either. Still stuck on silver. Gotta’ remember the ”racing line” patterns of the taxis better.

Must admit though, I have a refound love for the game all over again. The latest update and the daily challenges has been keeping me busy with having fun.

Absolutely love the new tracks as well that I’ve been rotating in my own custom events (haven’t played the game in a long while so I’ve been missing out on them).

Just had another go at the Getaway Heat and improved my time significantly. I noticed the car was set to fully stiff so I changed that back to the central position. I don't know if I had moved it before but the change to a bit softer certainly made it better and I went from a 2.49 down to 2.46.6xx :D. Still along way off the leaders 2.40 :crazy:

It's also a fair bit down to getting a good start and sneaking a run up the inside into the first corner. I was able to get to the lead before turn three (exiting two) on my quickest time.

Pretty upset to find the deluxe edition still has me paying for Season 2.
You have every right to be upset over what ever you wish but the Deluxe Edition clearly states it only has Season One included. You needed to get the Complete Edition for both seasons.

In today’s daily challenge with the Buggy, anyone notice it’s not the normal Buggy? It’s got the V8 from Bugzilla but in a regular Buggy body. It’s even got a new name. “Touring Buggy.” I’m betting this will either end up as DLC or available in the Tournament store at some point.

In today’s daily challenge with the Buggy, anyone notice it’s not the normal Buggy? It’s got the V8 from Bugzilla but in a regular Buggy body. It’s even got a new name. “Touring Buggy.” I’m betting this will either end up as DLC or available in the Tournament store at some point.

And the Motorhome event earlier on in the season also was a Touring model even though it was statistically the same as a B class Motorhome. :confused:

Could be something or could be nothing. :P

And the Motorhome event earlier on in the season also was a Touring model even though it was statistically the same as a B class Motorhome. :confused:

Could be something or could be nothing. :P

Me and a few friends noticed the other day that you can now upgrade the engine in the motorhome, nothing else. It doubles the horsepower, but you're still stuck with the stock transmission.

Shifting basically becomes optional. :lol:

Me and a few friends noticed the other day that you can now upgrade the engine in the motorhome, nothing else. It doubles the horsepower, but you're still stuck with the stock transmission.

Shifting basically becomes optional. :lol:
The upgrades to the Motorhome were mentioned in the last set of release notes: “Added Class B and Class A engine upgrades for Motorhome, and made AI also use them.”

I went from a 2.49 down to 2.46.6xx :D.

👍

I tried to get down to 2:49 a few days ago but the best I could manage was a 1:50.6. Think it's a pretty safe time for gold. Just focusing on earning another 9k now, so I can purchase the Rocket RX.

I tried to get down to 2:49 a few days ago but the best I could manage was a 1:50.6. Think it's a pretty safe time for gold.
I thought I was a bit close to the danger zone before that run but pretty safe now I think. I had a couple more full race runs (and a lot more restarts) later just for fun and couldn't get below 2.52. I just couldn't get to the front clean enough or the few times I did I got cleaned up at the crossover :lol:.
Just focusing on earning another 9k now, so I can purchase the Rocket RX.
I'd gift you some of mine if it was allowed... but10k is (mostly) only one days events so you could have the points for the Rocket RX tomorrow anyway 👍.

I'd gift you some of mine if it was allowed... but10k is (mostly) only one days events so you could have the points for the Rocket RX tomorrow anyway 👍.

You are too kind mate. 👍

And yeah, tonight or tomorrow. Shouldn't take long. Tempted by the livery packs as well but those can wait.

I got my time attack down to 2:50.1xx so there's a bit of cushion. I just have to keep my eye on the leaderboard to make sure I don't get pushed down into the silver category again.

In the weekly race, I've gotten up to 551,xxx so I'm safe there, too. Both of these races have been a lot of fun.

Hey there. So, I recently became interested in this Wreckfest again after watching footage of the new Skyline R33 and Crown Victoria clones. What's the general consensus on the game? Is this a good time for a new player to get into it? Is there a grind to get the fun cars and upgrades? Multiplayer looks like hilarious chaotic fun, but the number of buses and big rigs blocking tracks/going backwards seems a little sketch to me. Finally, is there anything you wish you knew before starting this game?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm most likely going to be playing this on PS4. I don't know if the PC version offers a better experience or not.

Last edited:
Dan
Hey there. So, I recently became interested in this Wreckfest again after watching footage of the new Skyline R33 and Crown Victoria clones. What's the general consensus on the game? Is this a good time for a new player to get into it? Is there a grind to get the fun cars and upgrades? Multiplayer looks like hilarious chaotic fun, but the number of buses and big rigs blocking tracks/going backwards seems a little sketch to me. Finally, is there anything you wish you knew before starting this game?

Breaking down your questions:
There is no bad time to get into this game.
When the tournament was added to the game, the points allocated were pretty cheap and it was definitely a grind. They've changed it and now it's very easy to get the fame points you need to get the fun stuff in the Tournament store.
Yeah, multiplayer can be a bag of dicks, but that's true of any racing game. The point of Wreckfest is to play rough and get players out of your way. And when players do it to you, you just laugh and get right back into it.
Some multiplayer races allow buses and big rigs and harvesters, but most don't, so it's not really a problem.
Final question: I wish I had known about this game before it came out so I could get the pre-order and be playing it from Day 1.

Last edited:
Breaking down your questions:
There is no bad time to get into this game.
When the tournament was added to the game, the points allocated were pretty cheap and it was definitely a grind. They've changed it and now it's very easy to get the fame points you need to get the fun stuff in the Tournament store.
Yeah, multiplayer can be a bag of dicks, but that's true of any racing game. The point of Wreckfest is to play rough and get players out of your way. And when players do it to you, you just laugh and get right back into it.
Some multiplayer races allow buses and big rigs and harvesters, but most don't, so it's not really a problem.
Final question: I wish I had known about this game before it came out so I could get the pre-order and be playing it from Day 1.

Thank you very much for your reply. It’s greatly appreciated!

So, I bought the complete edition and played it for a few hours last night. This game is an absolute blast, and I can’t wait to learn the cars and tracks! The Razor is insanely fun, and the Cardinal handles how I’d expect it to in real life, but it’s still really good.

Dan
So, I bought the complete edition and played it for a few hours last night. This game is an absolute blast, and I can’t wait to learn the cars and tracks! The Razor is insanely fun, and the Cardinal handles how I’d expect it to in real life, but it’s still really good.
Here's to hoping I run into you (literally) online.

Latest Posts

Back