Next-gen racing wheels?

• Thread starter NineThree7
  • 10 comments
Hey all, newbie here to the GTPlanet forums.

I know there is a "nu-New Member" thread, but as this was a question about next-gen consoles and not about drifting/GT5 in general, I was not sure if I should place it there or here.

Anyways, I've owned GT 3+4 on the PS2, then converted to the Xbox 360 in 2007 and I've played on Forza ever since, but now seeing the Xbox One and PS4, I will be making the jump back to Sony!

My question: If I plan on purchasing a wheel to use on DriveClub and Gran Turismo 6 when the PS4 is released, should I wait to see if there will be a new wheel, or will the Logitech G25/G27 and the Fanatecs (CSR, 911 GT2) actually work on the new console? I'm sorry if this question has already been answered (I've looked and did not find it, but then again, I may not have looked 'correctly'), and if it has, please either move this thread or direct me to the proper destination. Additionally, which wheel do you all think I should purchase out of the ones aforementioned?

Thanks!

Welcome to GTPlanet! :cheers:

As I understand it, Driveclub will support all wheels that the PS3 currently supports. No solid word on GT6 at the moment, but it seems likely that with it being a USB peripheral, they should be fine. I'm sure we'll find out more over the coming months. :)👍

Just for future reference, we have a dedicated Sim Hardware forum here.

Oh, and welcome back to Team Sony. :D

Thanks! I appreciate all your help and the warm welcome.

What wheel do you use, or would you suggest among the Thrustmaster, Logitechs, and Fanatecs?

I wouldn't, personally! I haven't used a wheel for a loooong time! I realised that I'm no quicker with a wheel than I am with a controller... but there are a lot of people on here who know the ins and outs of all the up-to-date wheels (with some very impressive setups!) and could give you much more valuable advice than I ever could. The Hardware forum I linked to has a lot of 'review' threads of different wheels, that might be worth a look.

Alternatively, you could always start a new thread asking which one would be right for you. Make sure you that if you do this, you include what sort of things you want from a wheel! I mean style, add-ons, compatibility, budget etc; be as specific as you can!

If you're having trouble searching, along the main forum view, there's a red bar. To the right side of the bar there's a little drop-down Search button. You can use that, or click 'Advanced Search' to do a more thorough search, where you can specifically search for words in thread titles rather than searching entire posts. I hope this helps!

The most that anyone can really answer is that they will probably work on the PS4.

As far as which one to get, that depends on your budget and needs.

I used to use the Logitech driving force GT. this is an amazing wheel for the price I had a lot of fun with this wheel. I have now upgraded to the G27 this wheel has a lot better feel to it and also has clutch and 6 speed shifter witch are great fun. Your choice of wheel all depends on your budget if you want cheap I'd strongly suggest the DFGT but if you can afford that bit extra I'd get the G27.

As far as I can tell, the chance that the current gen wheels will be PS4 compatible is high, I doubt the PS4 will not have USB ports. As just mentioned, buy what fits your budget, I've tried the DFGT which feels good and I own a G27 which is a very solid wheel and both are good. If you could pick, I'd say get the G27 as it has clutch, H-pattern shifter and feels more high quality

Its been going around for a while, but people from sony are saying GT6 will be on PS3. Im going to hold off from a PS4.

Back