"Next lap invalidated" wtf!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter korix
  • 9 comments
  • 2,665 views
Messages
120
Messages
Gorebag
So I'm doing free run around autumn ring mini, to get my fastest lap with my new car as a ghost replay, to race against it with my old car.
However, in the final corner, if i go off the tarmac by what PD determines as too far, it tells me that my next lap will be invalidated. Wtf is this?
It's my game, my cars, and my lap times and ghost replays, so what the hell is PD doing, deciding for me which of my laps are good enough to make ghost replays for myself?
I'm not purposely going off track to do it faster, but if I'm doing my fastest lap to date, and happens to go off track a little bit in the final part, it tells me I shouldn't be able to save the lap time - or the next one, it seems?
You'd think it would punish you for the current lap, where you're going off track, but it's saying 'next lap'.
I'm confused about this. Does it really let you save the "bad" lap time, but makes your next lap invalid? Because that would force me to restart the race, every single time I happen to do what PD thinks is a bad lap.
 
It's in game to stop people from gaining a laptime advantage my going off track and gaining a speed advantage when they cross the line for the start of a new lap. Just about every racing game made these days employs exactly the same system.
 
So I'm doing free run around autumn ring mini, to get my fastest lap with my new car as a ghost replay, to race against it with my old car.
However, in the final corner, if i go off the tarmac by what PD determines as too far, it tells me that my next lap will be invalidated. Wtf is this?
It's my game, my cars, and my lap times and ghost replays, so what the hell is PD doing, deciding for me which of my laps are good enough to make ghost replays for myself?
I'm not purposely going off track to do it faster, but if I'm doing my fastest lap to date, and happens to go off track a little bit in the final part, it tells me I shouldn't be able to save the lap time - or is it the next one?
You'd think it would punish you for the current lap, where you're going off track, but it's saying 'next lap'.
I'm confused about this. Does it really let you save the "bad" lap time, but makes your next lap invalid? Because that would force me to restart the race, every single time I happen to do what PD thinks is a bad lap.

This will be crucial for later time trail online leader boards. Cutting corners (more then two wheels off track) at the end of track, could gain you speed down the back straight away, thus why the next lap is invalid. Cutting corners at first half of track or so will only invalidate the current lap.
 
This is good, because it will force you into being a less **** driver to be blunt.
 
This is good, because it will force you into being a less **** driver to be blunt.

Well put, friend :D

And OP, you're bitching about this for Autumn Ring Mini? Try beating your laps for the Nurburgring!
 
Yeah like people have said, it's so people don't get an easier run to the start of the next lap; even a couple of km/h will have an effect on then following lap time, so it's the fairest way of doing it. It's only fair really, no matter how annoying it can be at times when you've screwed up at the very end of a long lap.
 
Thanks for the replies, and the much expected "learn to drive" comments.
 
This will be crucial for later time trail online leader boards. Cutting corners (more then two wheels off track) at the end of track, could gain you speed down the back straight away, thus why the next lap is invalid. Cutting corners at first half of track or so will only invalidate the current lap.

i was wondering myself but that makes sense
 
Back