Next Need for Speed Title Pushed Back to 2022 Release

Yeah definately the most interesting NFS will be those developed by Codemasters.
Probably half of the current Criterion Games is Codemaster Chesire, Ghost dev team was tiny and not sure how many transfered to Criterion and how many new recruits they got in the last 2-3 years. EA putting Codemasters Chesire with Criterion probably doubled the studio size.

Next NFS will be interesting with Codemasters dev working on it right from the start. Maybe we finally see cockpit view returns and a better arcade driving physics.

BTW. I think the next NFS is pushed to 2023. Lack of any news is worrying especially, that by the first leaks etc It should launch in Q4 2022...

Last edited:
BTW. I think the next NFS is pushed to 2023. Lack of any news is worrying especially, that by the first leaks etc It should launch in Q4 2022...
EA's planned launch window from the financial report is at October 2022 to December 2022. If it announced in mid September and released in December, it is still the same announce to launch period compared to Heat. Heat was announced in mid August and launch in November.

But I have not much hope in this NFS, the development should be a mess with dev team moving around and this NFS seem to have more leaks than any previous NFS too.

EA's planned launch window from the financial report is at October 2022 to December 2022. If it announced in mid September and released in December, it is still the same announce to launch period compared to Heat. Heat was announced in mid August and launch in November.

But I have not much hope in this NFS, the development should be a mess with dev team moving around and this NFS seem to have more leaks than any previous NFS too.
Same here, I have high doubts about this entry. I did like Heat very much, but this time I am not very hopeful for this one. It even doesn't look good on leaks.

Same here, I have high doubts about this entry. I did like Heat very much, but this time I am not very hopeful for this one. It even doesn't look good on leaks.
Leaks rarely looks good and the leaks so far all seems to be very early build of the game with incomplete environment, I won't judge on that for now.

My worry is mostly on how the game has been pass around in the last 3 years, sounds like a nightmare development. I don't mind if they just delay it for another year and let the newly joined Codemaster Chesire more time to work on it.

A full reveal within the next couple of days would make sense based on police radio codes frequently heard in NFS games....

Tomorrow would be '10-4' and Wednesday would be '5-10', which was also the day the Hot Pursuit Remaster was officially revealed back in 2020.

Also, I'm shocked the leaked logo design turned out to be real... Not what I would expect from a AAA game, but prepared to give it a chance to see if it matches the aesthetic of the game.

I'm actually looking forward to the reveal. The rumours/supposed leaks etc have painted a very intriguing picture, photorealism with anime elements, a huge Chicago inspired map. If it does all that well and maintains the awesome customisation and such then it has potential to be great.

Reminder that NFS hasn't had a game score above 80 on MetaCritic since MW2012. With Covid-19 and BF2042 messing up the next NFS' development, I expect an absolute mess.

Last edited:
Metacritic scores are pointless anyway but I do expect this NFS to be more messy.

Unless they did bare minimum changes from Heat then it will just be Heat 1.5 and I think it will still be good for me. All I want is more customization parts for cars to make abomination.

NFS "Unbound" sounds strikingly similar to a failure of a game from another arcade racing series I grew up loving, but then one day it was all but abandoned by it's developer. Hmm I can't put my finger on it 🤔

Edit: It was probably Mario.

Last edited:
Reminder that NFS hasn't had a game score above 80 on MetaCritic since MW2012. With Covid-19 and BF2042 messing up the next NFS' development, I expect an absolute mess.
Yeah, I also have big worries about this entry.

On the other hand, Criterion with codies are making it not EA Ghost like last NFS games. Remember MW 2012 was made by Critetrion.

I think since this is going to be current gen only it has a chance to be better than expected

Yeah, I also have big worries about this entry.

On the other hand, Criterion with codies are making it not EA Ghost like last NFS games. Remember MW 2012 was made by Critetrion.
not exactly the same Criterion team, Ghost was made up of Criterion devs when EA move NFS to Ghost in 2014. In 2020 when EA announce it is moving NFS back to Criterion, they also mention majority of the Ghost dev will be move back to Criterion too.

The only difference between Ghost and current Criterion is they have way more people working on it compared to Ghost.

This image was on the website momentarily, seems to have been retracted for the time being
Unbound.png

Link to the trailer is now live, premieres October 6th:

Last edited:
Back