Next Step?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roostaboosta
  • 11 comments
  • 1,087 views

Roostaboosta

(Banned)
Messages
262
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
hooliogtgtgt
Well, It has finally happened, my PS3 slim has gone tits up. It's not reading any discs of any sort, the HD got corrupted and I have lost many months worth of progress ( 90 % game completion) plus ninety cars and twenty million credits. At the end of the day it's not the end of the world but my biggest problem is whether I buy a PS4 or a PC. It would appear that Logitech wheels will not be supported in the future by Sony. I was looking to buy Project Cars, Driveclub and of course GT7 in due course but not sure now. I don't want to be forced into buying a Thrustmaster wheel just because Sony and can't get their acts together....disgraceful behaviour. So, do I just bite the bullet and get a PC without any wheel issues, feel very let down by all parties concerned.
 
I'd wait a while and see what Sony does, otherwise it sounds like PC might be a better option.
 
I'm a long time console gamer. Recently I got a PC and oh man....
 
So that's, Oh man in a good way!
Of course! You can do a lot of things on PC not just play games. You can even learn things outside of gaming that could later be your career or something. PC is more than a video game machine. Its an investment.
 
Of course! You can do a lot of things on PC not just play games. You can even learn things outside of gaming that could later be your career or something. PC is more than a video game machine. Its an investment.

Totally agree with this, but on the other hand... If you buy a PC for gaming, it would be quite expensive, and also high maintenance, and expensive to maintain running smoothly. With graphics now-a-days, you'd definitely need to drop 1k-2k for a computer that can handle these graphics without graphic lag, and even then you still may have some. It may be wise to wait to see what Sony does, or just go ahead and invest in a Thrustmaster. It would be a cheaper option anyway.
 
I would pull the hard drive out of the PS3 and hook it up to a PC or other PS3 with a USB cable. Just because it wont boot up does not mean the data on the drive is corrupted. It could be just the operating system and the data is fine. If the data is ok and the other PS3 or PC can read the disc you might be able to get your game data off of it on to a USB Drive and get it on a new machine. It might be a very long time before GT7 is out for the PS4. Plus you probably have other PS3 games you like and wont be able to play those either on the PS4. I would get another PS3. Even if you have to rebuild your GT6 progress it is not that bad to get going again and back in the game. I have tried other driving games and always come back to Gran Turismo. It just drives better than the others in my opinion. Just my thoughts. If you need help connecting it with a external adapter just send me a message.
 
I have tried other driving games and always come back to Gran Turismo. It just drives better than the others in my opinion.

Sometimes Gran Turismo gets old, sometimes Gran Turismo annoys us, and sometimes (most of the time) Gran Turismo disappoints us... but Gran Turismo will always be the original driving simulator that we all came to love at one point. Don't get rid of it, because you will end up missing the game and regretting you got rid of it. I hope you'll take my word on that.
 
Well, It has finally happened, my PS3 slim has gone tits up. It's not reading any discs of any sort, the HD got corrupted and I have lost many months worth of progress ( 90 % game completion) plus ninety cars and twenty million credits. At the end of the day it's not the end of the world but my biggest problem is whether I buy a PS4 or a PC. It would appear that Logitech wheels will not be supported in the future by Sony. I was looking to buy Project Cars, Driveclub and of course GT7 in due course but not sure now. I don't want to be forced into buying a Thrustmaster wheel just because Sony and can't get their acts together....disgraceful behaviour. So, do I just bite the bullet and get a PC without any wheel issues, feel very let down by all parties concerned.

I have read this comment that Logitech wheels will not be supported in other threads, but I haven't seen any hard evidence.

Recently Argos have been selling the DFGT and claiming it was compatible with the PS4 - that was queried and their tech person confirmed that it was, however I also checked via the Logitech site and there was no mention of the PS4 - so personally I have no idea and think we will just have to wait and see.

If my PS3 failed I would get another - I have friends who have gone down the PC racing route and found it to be a bottomless money pit.
 
I have read this comment that Logitech wheels will not be supported in other threads, but I haven't seen any hard evidence.

Recently Argos have been selling the DFGT and claiming it was compatible with the PS4 - that was queried and their tech person confirmed that it was, however I also checked via the Logitech site and there was no mention of the PS4 - so personally I have no idea and think we will just have to wait and see.

If my PS3 failed I would get another - I have friends who have gone down the PC racing route and found it to be a bottomless money pit.
Agreed. Had several people tell me iracing will cost you and arm and a leg. Then how would you race any game. There are places in cities that work on PS3's. Go talk to one of them and see what they say.
 
Agreed. Had several people tell me iracing will cost you and arm and a leg. Then how would you race any game. There are places in cities that work on PS3's. Go talk to one of them and see what they say.
IRacing isn't sim racing, its one sim and with a very specific purpose that is unmatched by any other sim or console racing game. You get what you pay for and while it's not cheap it does what it does better than anyone.

The choice of PC vs. Console is mainly a question of what you want from your games. Consoles offer plug and play simplicity, but often lack in the finer points of simulation be it sound, physics, force feedback, fine tuning your setup, customization etc. PC Sims offer all that but at a higher price usually and aren't as simple to use. Project Cars on next gen consoles will attempt to bridge that gap but. It remains to be seen how well that will work.
 
My PS3 recently died too. I simply bought another one. The updates were a pain in the ass to reinstall, but it was worth the hassle.
 
Back