NFS Carbon - Cutscene freeze

• Thread starter nfsu2king
  • 2 comments
Germany
Germany
Sometimes the game freezes in the cutscenes. It means that firstly the cutscene starts playing without sound and then the cutscene/game freezes (I also cannot skip the cutscene when the bug occurs, so have to quit the game with alt+f4 or task manager). But it's not a reproducible bug, so it occurs randomly. That makes it more difficult to find out its cause. It mostly happens in crew member cutscenes (so when a new crew member is being introduced) or in tutorial cutscenes (for example when Nikki explains the Canyon duel events).

Of course I've tried a reinstall. Does anyone have/had this problem too and know how to fix it? The only solution I found out is removing the cutscenes by removing/renaming the MOVIES folder in Carbon's main directory, but this is not really an elegant solution.

My system:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i5 4460
8 GB RAM

Google shows nothing referred to this problem, which makes it more weird.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
I'm no expert in PC's when it comes to gaming. But what is the condition of the disk? (If it's on disk or doesn't that matter?)

I've found a solution for this bug: I had to set cpu affinity to 1 core in task manager and since then I had no freeze anymore! :) Obviously the game doesn't support multi core cpu's.

Back