NFS Shift 2 - The AI uses Liveries too little

• Thread starter Driver11
  • 17 comments
Italy
Italy
Hello,
Both in Quik Race and in many Career disciplines, the AI always tends to use the basic colors of the cars.
This is not very nice because especially in fast events you can race with fantastic cars, but you are the only one with the livery.

Do any of you know which .BFF file is responsible for assigning liveries?

Hello,
Both in Quik Race and in many Career disciplines, the AI always tends to use the basic colors of the cars.
This is not very nice because especially in fast events you can race with fantastic cars, but you are the only one with the livery.

Do any of you know which .BFF file is responsible for assigning liveries?
There is not a bff perse.
What the AI do is to have an assigned number for the livery they will use, and most of the time it will coincide with a flat color. this is different in some events.
And the best solution (albeit very nuclear) is to delete the base paint lines in the .rcf files of the cars located in the individual bff of the cars

Hi @Railgun, thanks for replying.
I took the '74 Porsche Carrera 911 RSR as an example.

It has 6 archives.bff in packfiles/vheicles

Porsche_911RSR74.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Cockpit.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Livery.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Rival.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Rival_Cockpit.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Rival_Livery.bff

I found the .rcf files only in

Porsche_911RSR74.bff
Porsche_911RSR74_Rival.bff

I deleted the lines as you told me, but when in the game I go to the Garage, or the Dealership nothing appears and it loads endlessly.

I also tried deleting the lines in "vheiclepersistent.bff", but it crashes on startup.

I'll show you what I deleted:

In "Porsche_911RSR74.bff", I found two files:

1. porsche_911rsr74.rcf

1.png

2. porsche_911rsr74_hr.rcf

2.png

In "Porsche_911RSR74_Rival.bff" I didn't delete anything. What should I delete?

1. porsche_911rsr74_rival.rcf

3.png

2. porsche_911rsr74_rival_hr.rcf

4.png

Last edited:
IIRC you need to repack those files again, being honest the easiest way to do this is to unpack the game alltogheter, but you will need a pretty powerful pc or an ssd to play normally

IIRC you need to repack those files again, being honest the easiest way to do this is to unpack the game alltogheter, but you will need a pretty powerful pc or an ssd to play normally
Of course, through the Injector I reinserted in new files with the deleted lines. To be sure, I checked again by unpacking them, and the files are without those lines. But nothing, when I go to see the vehicle, the game loads endlessly. What can it be?

ps: Do you know what the file is that randomly decides which car and which livery to put in a quick event?

Of course, through the Injector I reinserted in new files with the deleted lines. To be sure, I checked again by unpacking them, and the files are without those lines. But nothing, when I go to see the vehicle, the game loads endlessly. What can it be?

ps: Do you know what the file is that randomly decides which car and which livery to put in a quick event?
The first thing means that something is missing in the visual files so the car cant be loaded

For the second iirc is only the careerdetails in eventinfo, but since you need to modify a hex file while the game is packed this is out of question

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that either. Always loading endlessly.
have you tested it? Does it work for you?
Since i have the game unpacked it works, since the original mod was lost before i would be able to download it, i dont really know if there was a way to (originally) use it on a vanilla version

Optimal.
I tried unpacking the game whit UCP 1.1
I follow the instructions to the letter but it doesn't work.

1. I start JSGME and close it
2. I run UCP_s2u_unpacker as administrator, but it doesn't unpack the bff files.

What can it be? I have the game with the two DLCs.

Attachments

• Senza titolo.png
    Senza titolo.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
If you have windows 11 you will need to open the .cmd files via a command, so you need to open cmd as an admin and follow this video
)

Thanks Railgun for your help.
I followed the tutorial and it tells me this in Italian. Translated:
"It is not recognized as an internal or external command, an executable program, or a batch file"

Attachments

• Senza titolo.png
    Senza titolo.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
I also tried with ".cmd", but nothing...
But it doesn't do anything, that's fine. Thank you so much for your help and kindness.
Before with windows 10 I did it many times, but the latest update which made it much more similar to windows 11 is causing several problems for everyone. Thanks!!!:)

Hi @Railgun
I finally succeeded by going back to a previous version of windows 10. Thank you very much.
Now the only problem is that the AI, even in events where I choose "Same class", puts identical cars on me.
Do you know which file manages the choice of cars?

ps: 15 opponents = 15 Porsche Xd

Attachments

• Senza titolo.png
    Senza titolo.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi @Railgun
I finally succeeded by going back to a previous version of windows 10. Thank you very much.
Now the only problem is that the AI, even in events where I choose "Same class", puts identical cars on me.
Do you know which file manages the choice of cars?

ps: 15 opponents = 15 Porsche Xd
To put it simply the game chooses the stock cars that are in a range of aprox -/+100 of you ip, and then the group (in this case legends), because of that some of the groups are really scarce and only will have 1 or 2 unique models

Yes I know this,
But can you tell me which file needs to be modified to have more variety of cars?
In almost all events there is none, the cars are selected under said requisites, only old vs new, manufacturer and vs showdown, the gt events and the bosses are selected manually under a very annoying select values
For the variety mostly is under mods, and although there are some very good ones, the legends quility mods are scarce
Under the patch 1.2 i made heavy tuning for the cars and adapted some group 5 cars to be able to compete in the higher tiers

Back