• 10 comments

L_Hamilton

【クスコDUNLOPス&#12
Premium
Japan
Kyoto
GTP_L_Hamilton
It's here.

Need for Speed SHIFT delivers the true driver’s experience with a stunning cockpit view, deep career mode and amazing car roster. You will be thrust into the loud, intense, and athletic experience of racing a car from the driver's perspective through the combination of perception based G-forces, the hyper reality of the cockpit view, and the all-new brutally disorienting crash dynamic. Prove your skill on two tracks – London River and the world famous Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps using one of 4 unlocked cars. Collect enough stars while you race to unlock the ultimate in performance, the Pagani Zonda F.

Demo Link

Downloaded it last night, but haven't played it yet as I need to get XP service pack 3 installed first.

I downloaded the demo from my ISP's unmetered site, demo wont even start because it just crashes on the initial NFS Shift screen..

If I got it from a metered site I would be in a real bad mood now.

*EDIT* nevermind got it working, some files were screwed up a reinstall fixed it

Last edited:
You don't need to install XP SP3 for games. It worked fine under SP2 on my PC. :)
I didn't have SP3 and Shift didn't work. I read the read me and it said you needed SP3 for Shift to work on XP. I got and installed SP3 and Shift now works.

The demo is way too arcadey for my liking and the AI is way too aggressive. The steering with the G25 feels a bit weird too. You turn the wheel, and not much happens, turn it a bit more, still nothing, turn a bit more and wahaaaay, oversteer, try to correct it and spin. I got used to it and could compete and win the races, and got the Zonda F, but it feels like your fighting the control method, not the car if that makes sense. I downloaded a wheel config file, but it din't seem to make much of a difference.

I won't be purchasing it as it is.

I didn't have SP3 and Shift didn't work. I read the read me and it said you needed SP3 for Shift to work on XP. I got and installed SP3 and Shift now works.

The demo is way too arcadey for my liking and the AI is way too aggressive. The steering with the G25 feels a bit weird too. You turn the wheel, and not much happens, turn it a bit more, still nothing, turn a bit more and wahaaaay, oversteer, try to correct it and spin. I got used to it and could compete and win the races, and got the Zonda F, but it feels like your fighting the control method, not the car if that makes sense. I downloaded a wheel config file, but it din't seem to make much of a difference.

I won't be purchasing it as it is.

I had the same issue when I started playing. But I tried this guy's custom profile:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=846279&postcount=10

and set my wheel to all defaults, 360 rotation (just my preference for more arcadish games), and no auto centering and now the game is a million times more fun to play. Might wanna give it a shot before deciding against it.

I had the same issue when I started playing. But I tried this guy's custom profile:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=846279&postcount=10

and set my wheel to all defaults, 360 rotation (just my preference for more arcadish games), and no auto centering and now the game is a million times more fun to play. Might wanna give it a shot before deciding against it.
That was the one I used. My wheel is set to 540 degrees though. I'll try it again set at 360.

Back