NFS starts in a small window -can't be expanded

• Thread starter orcool
  • 7 comments
Poland
Poland
I just bought the game and wanted to try it but the game always starts in a small window, or let's say in a Windowed Mode.

I tried ;

in-game Windowed mode turned off
Alt+enter,
PROFILEOPTIONS.ini and changed FullScreenMode 1

Overall, i can't play in Fullscreen mode, and i don't know how to fix it..
Is there anyone else that gets the same issue?

4f5554bd2765ef4f0aec9a97c43eb3b5.png

Do you have more than one display hooked up to your PC? If so, I would disable the secondary one when attempting to play the game.

Also, judging by the aspect ratio of your screenshot, it looks like you are running an odd resolution - really wide and short. Or do you have side by side monitors running in "extend the desktop to second monitor" mode? - If so, again I would suggest to disable the second screen. Also make sure the game is running in your monitor's native resolution.

Hope that helps

Well, the advantage of being windowed is the game will run much smoother than fullscreen.

Disadvantages is, well, the immersion is slightly distracted. Anyway, can you give the number of resolution? (ex. 1920x1080, 720x680, etc)

Do you have more than one display hooked up to your PC? If so, I would disable the secondary one when attempting to play the game.

Also, judging by the aspect ratio of your screenshot, it looks like you are running an odd resolution - really wide and short. Or do you have side by side monitors running in "extend the desktop to second monitor" mode? - If so, again I would suggest to disable the second screen. Also make sure the game is running in your monitor's native resolution.

Hope that helps

I don't have a second monitor, I'm playing on laptop. And the resolution is 1920 x 1080. Its really weird situation, I've tried everything I could. :/

Well, the advantage of being windowed is the game will run much smoother than fullscreen.

Disadvantages is, well, the immersion is slightly distracted. Anyway, can you give the number of resolution? (ex. 1920x1080, 720x680, etc)

I'm using 1920x1080. The window bar annoys me. So I'd rather play in fullscreen :/

Have you installed new drivers lately? You might want to do a clean install of the latest drivers. NVidia or AMD?

Also you may try disabling Origin In-game to see if it's an issue with that. Come to think of it, I did that because I was having issues with the game freezing up.

Have you installed new drivers lately? You might want to do a clean install of the latest drivers. NVidia or AMD?

Also you may try disabling Origin In-game to see if it's an issue with that. Come to think of it, I did that because I was having issues with the game freezing up.

I have the latest nVidia driver. Origin-ingame disabled. but still I can't make it full screen.
I guess I'll have to stuck with it. So when I play, I hide the start-bar. looks like fullscreen then.

One more thing... I know it sounds silly to ask, but have you tried clicking on the window with your mouse? Because my game always starts in a window as well, but simply clicking on it makes it full screen.

Back