NFS'15 - Restricted Item? Why U little...............

• Thread starter MrMayor
  • 4 comments
United States
In a van, down by the river!
Mark Emm
Aw come on...

Look I've seen it but up until now I didn't care...

So I bought the '73 911 not realizing I had one in the garage (the free one)... D'OH!

So I figure I'll go nuts with a real livery.

Can't see the kits, but I can "buy restricted items".. so, wtf is that???? So, unlike the thousands of other non-GTP sites bitching (reddit, numerous FB sites), I went ahead and CLICKED THE SQUARE button to SHOW RESTRICTIONS (I know, awesome right?) and low and behold it complains about different combinations of parts.. So I decided to focus on the 911 rear ...

Rear Bumper- nope, doesn't like stock rear fenders. OK lemme check.

Rear fenders complain about Stock bumpers (really?) stock trunk, and stock tail lights... "tail lights?" I thought... "there's no custom tail lights.." So I checked.. NOPE.

Ok so perhaps I have to buy every single thing, I mean hey, I do that already anyhow... but what about the racers who don't have the money to buy everything.... I see the "remove customizations", but I don't have any yet!?!?!?

Pardon my gripe, but jeezy creezy this is annoying...

Anyone??

Aw come on...

Look I've seen it but up until now I didn't care...

So I bought the '73 911 not realizing I had one in the garage (the free one)... D'OH!

So I figure I'll go nuts with a real livery.

Can't see the kits, but I can "buy restricted items".. so, wtf is that???? So, unlike the thousands of other non-GTP sites bitching (reddit, numerous FB sites), I went ahead and CLICKED THE SQUARE button to SHOW RESTRICTIONS (I know, awesome right?) and low and behold it complains about different combinations of parts.. So I decided to focus on the 911 rear ...

Rear Bumper- nope, doesn't like stock rear fenders. OK lemme check.

Rear fenders complain about Stock bumpers (really?) stock trunk, and stock tail lights... "tail lights?" I thought... "there's no custom tail lights.." So I checked.. NOPE.

Ok so perhaps I have to buy every single thing, I mean hey, I do that already anyhow... but what about the racers who don't have the money to buy everything.... I see the "remove customizations", but I don't have any yet!?!?!?

Pardon my gripe, but jeezy creezy this is annoying...

Anyone??
Check the parts manufacturer you're trying to buy. Sometimes you need to buy a kit from them to apply a part. E.G You can't buy the Rocket Bunny wing on the 180SX unless you have the Rocket Bunny Bodykit

I know your frustration! The way the customization works in this game is really counter-intuitive and in some cases is actually broken. I've been in situations where I've had no other option but to remove all customization and start again from scratch as I've fitted a bumper that doesn't agree with a splitteror vice versa and I've been unable to remove either of them to 'unlock' the parts.

If you've found a bug where you can't fit a part due to restrictions that don't exist (tail lights, for example) you should report it on the Need for Speed forums: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/nfs-16-technical-issues-en

Usually if a part is restricted, that means that it'll cause clipping issues with the other parts you have installed. In some cases you'll need to apply a certain body kit first.

E.G You can't buy the Rocket Bunny wing on the 180SX unless you have the Rocket Bunny Bodykit
Yes you can.

Latest Posts

Back