Night Sky

Finland
Kerava
BetelgeuzeFIN
Are you people able to actually find recognizeable objects (stars and planets) on the games night skies?

I’ve been trying to watch the sky and find some familiar stars and planets there. I can pretty easily go out in the real world during night and recognize most of the constellations and planets on the real sky but the sky of the game confuses me.

There are some stars visible but maybe their relative brightnesses are not exactly well modeled. Mount Panorama would have maybe the best conditions as it becomes totally sark but southern sky is a bit unfamiliar for me.

Are you people able to actually find recognizeable objects (stars and planets) on the games night skies?

I’ve been trying to watch the sky and find some familiar stars and planets there. I can pretty easily go out in the real world during night and recognize most of the constellations and planets on the real sky but the sky of the game confuses me.

There are some stars visible but maybe their relative brightnesses are not exactly well modeled. Mount Panorama would have maybe the best conditions as it becomes totally sark but southern sky is a bit unfamiliar for me.
PD mostly do a good job with this. If you had the time to look whilst hurtling along at 200mph+ then you should be able to see something. I know the Bathurst sky had the 2 Megellanic clouds (the 2 satellite galaxies to the Milky Way) in GTS. I assume they carried over.

Considering how much they bragged about the accurate star placement before release, I'd sure hope so. Unfortunately it turns out I'm a bit too focused on driving to look at the stars.

Spa had indeed a proper sky model at least. Just needed to set fast time advance speed and sky dynamically changed.

Attachments

• 0A0DD988-6C79-4F7C-B5CA-168C1C8695A2.jpeg
    0A0DD988-6C79-4F7C-B5CA-168C1C8695A2.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
Back