Nightingale's Touge Courses

Nightingale__ (two underscores)
NIGHTINGALE'S TOUGE COURSES

This thread will no longer be updated. If you are interested in my touge courses, you should visit the TDC thread in the clubs & leagues forum. The first post will contain a list of courses that I have made, although not all of them will be listed there.

SEKIGAHARA | 関ヶ原 [Demonstration Video - ver.1]
picture.php

ver.2

MOUNT OKUE | 大崩山 [Demonstration Video]

picture.php

ver.1

USHIMINE | 牛峰 [Demonstration Video - ver.1]

Ushimine2.png

ver.1

GINKYOU LINE | 銀杏ライン

picture.php

ver.1

These courses form a collection of what I like to consider "high-quality" courses. My goal here was to produce courses that could actually meet realistic highway safety regulations while still being fun and challenging to drive on, which is quite the test of patience when working with GT5's course generator. Often, more than 100 variations have to be cycled through, tested, and rejected, before a course of acceptable quality is discovered and saved. If you are a fan of touge, then it is likely you will enjoy these courses.

Add me (Nightingale__) on PSN to download these tracks, and be sure to title the friend request appropriately so that I know you are not some random dude who added me for no reason at all. I intend to cycle through the courses on a weekly basis (every monday), and will re-upload old courses to give newer people a chance to download the older courses. If you do not actually race often with me, then I may delete you from my friends list at some point. This is just to stop one-time downloaders from clogging up my friends list. If you still want my tracks, just send me another friend request.

REVISION HISTORY

15/08/2011 - Added course map for Ginkyou Line. Did some more testing on Fletcher's Point and found it to be not really that spectacular when compared with the other courses, so I removed it.

24/07/2011 - Updated the course map for Sekigahara. I've decided to not bother with the start and end markers anymore, as there just aren't enough downloaders and viewers in this thread to justify the effort.

22/07/2011 - Ginkyo Line added. This one I am quite pleased with, so I actually won't remove it this time. Maybe. Who knows.

12/07/2011 - Tsuetsuki Pass and Kusunoki Line removed. It turns out my ability to judge track quality is more inconsistent than previously thought.

11/07/2011 - Fletcher's Point course map uploaded.

01/07/2011 - Kusunoki Line added.

30/06/2011 - Labeled course maps to indicate the "recommended" start and finish points, as well as course direction markers.

28/06/2011 - Created another course which had a similar layout and flow to Fletcher's Point. This will serve as its replacement, and will have the same name. I am quite happy with the quality of everything listed here now. Hopefully I will get off my arse and actually get the remaining videos and maps up soon.

23/06/2011 - I decided to pull Jukai Line and Fletcher's Point for now, due to the fact that I feel they are not of the quality I'd like my touge courses to be at. Instead, I have replaced them with what I feel are two very superior courses (Tsuetsuki and Ushimine), for which I will have the videos and maps uploaded sometime this week.

16/06/2011 - Uploaded videos for Jukai Line and Fletcher's Point. Due to the way the Gran Turismo website works, I won't be able to add course maps until I actually have the course itself on upload.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it! I've uploaded another two for now, though I am really doubting whether or not they are as good as the first two, particularly Fletcher's Point, with its sudden elevation drop right after the first corner. Hopefully, I'll get some Sekigahara-quality maps up later. I had the grand misfortune of generating a really nice course but then accidentally deleting it while I was trying to edit it!

I tried to download Mt. Okue, but instead it showed me Sekigahara (sp?), which I have already downloaded. Can you put Mt. Okue back online?

30/06/2011 - Updated the thread in various places. Basically just bumping the thread up to let people know it's not dead.

That course we were on last night was a blast, looks like I'll need to build a few Touge cars lol:P

Question for those of you that have driven on Sekigahara: what do you think of the two corners in the high-speed sector? Are they too sharp? I've noticed that they tend to cause accidents when the pressure gets too high; should I smooth them out or perhaps widen the road in that sector?

Question for those of you that have driven on Sekigahara: what do you think of the two corners in the high-speed sector? Are they too sharp? I've noticed that they tend to cause accidents when the pressure gets too high; should I smooth them out or perhaps widen the road in that sector?

I guess I have already answered you previously through PM. I think the sharp corners are cool. At least it gives me an advantage. :sly:

15/08/2011 - Various updates. Just bumping the thread again to catch the eye of any touge enthusiasts browsing the boards.

I want to build a touge car, so i'll try and add you today in order to download your tracks!

They look promising! 👍

Latest Posts

Back