(Nintendo Switch) Gear.Club Ultimate 2

United States
United States
For those of you with experience with this game. Are your able to switch throttle/brake to the right analog stick?

Also, it has received several patches; has the driving and load times improved at all?

How is the single player experience?

Thank you

For those of you with experience with this game. Are your able to switch throttle/brake to the right analog stick?

I'm not too sure on that, I'll double check it later

Also, it has received several patches; has the driving and load times improved at all?

I didn't get the game at launch, so i'm not sure is there any fixes on the physics but the load times is still quite long at times. Physics is odd, once you lost control of the car it feels impossible to get it back in control. Turning on the "anti skid" assist do make it feels much better.

It is not too bad and it has a rather standard progression where you buy cars and upgrade them to be more competitive in races. The routes design is quite poor, late game routes are slightly better. The rally races is quite bad.

@Tommy3688 thank you so much for your thorough explanations. I’m glad I didn’t purchase the game. May add to the collection when it goes on sale.

If you're looking for a non-fantasy racing game on Switch, Burnout Paradise Remastered or GRID Autosport are probably your best bets. After that, Rush Rally 3 isn't bad, and V-Rally 4 is said to be decent, if not very attractive on Switch (with considerable pop-in). I can vouch for RR3, but not VR4. RR3 is a mobile port, but more than decent for a one-man indie and the price.

Venturing further into arcade-style territory, Horizon Chase Turbo is a solid title, and I am currently looking forward to Hotshot Racing, which is supposed to arrive in the next month or two.

@Tommy3688 thank you so much for your thorough explanations. I’m glad I didn’t purchase the game. May add to the collection when it goes on sale.

the game do go on sale very often and I think the base game cost around $15 which is acceptable price for what it is. The Porsche DLC is skippable, there is just 4 new cars and a set of championships.

The upcoming Tracks DLC might be interesting.

If you're looking for a non-fantasy racing game on Switch, Burnout Paradise Remastered or GRID Autosport are probably your best bets. After that, Rush Rally 3 isn't bad, and V-Rally 4 is said to be decent, if not very attractive on Switch (with considerable pop-in). I can vouch for RR3, but not VR4. RR3 is a mobile port, but more than decent for a one-man indie and the price.

How is Rush Rally 3 on Switch? Is it as up to date as the mobile version? I did see that the mobile version has a car pack DLC but I think it is included for the Switch.

How is Rush Rally 3 on Switch? Is it as up to date as the mobile version? I did see that the mobile version has a car pack DLC but I think it is included for the Switch.
I'm not on mobile so I can't compare. I imagine it's the same experience, but with actual controls. The physics are what they are, and the analog stick steering doesn't get in the way like PCARS1 or Assetto Corsa or anything.

Thank you

I've bought this one recently at 12€ (with discount) so I can't talk about previous improvements etc. Personally the biggest issues i have with the game is the handling - it's weird in a way i can't even describe (i advise you to see some gameplay videos on YouTube as it's quite obvious just from seeing them) and the poor stage/track design. Loading times are a bit on the long side but if the rest was great i wouldn't mind.

When you see people bouncing(crashing) from one side of the road to the other (probably new users/newbies) it's clear something is not right with the handling/controls. But even on those which manage to keep the car on the road consistently, you can see there's awkward behaviours while the cars turn or when they loose control. This is by far the biggest issue with the game for me. The Tracks Edition coming soon may help a little with the stage/tracks design as some are based on real ones.

The single player experience as TOMMY368 mentioned above is pretty standard but it's fine. It's really the handling that screws it all. Hope they really improve it. Meanwhile Grid Autosport is by far the best racing experience you can get on Switch.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back