Nismo -livery academy GT-R?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Haitauer
  • 28 comments
  • 2,155 views
Messages
2,161
Finland
Finland
Messages
HI-tauer
Have I missed something in the past weeks as I have never seen the car in picture hanging at the background of the picture of the North American Academy..

gt-academy-times-square-638x471.jpg
 
It probably isn't relevant. GT Academy uses a lot of cars/liveries that aren't in game. We already got an academy car this year, so we probably won't get any later.
 
I thought the track on the TV was suzuka but it's not it is a new track coming soon I hope
 
I thought the track on the TV was suzuka but it's not it is a new track coming soon I hope
I'm pretty sure it's Suzuka.
 
Have I missed something in the past weeks as I have never seen the car in picture hanging at the background of the picture of the North American Academy..

gt-academy-times-square-638x471.jpg

It looks like a real car to me based on the lighting, but the weather looks too good for Silverstone (it is the Silverstone pit, right?).

It's Suzuka.

I can't think of any part of Suzuka that could be with those features, including there being trees at the track edge, a barrier right up against the road on one side, and a lack of a visible turn ahead or in the mirror. It could be the poor quality of the two images we're discussing within the overall picture, but I don't think it's Suzuka, and I'm struggling to identify which track it is or where it could be at Suzuka. It looks reminiscent of Nürburgring Nordschleife, though, perhaps the mythical Zahara de la Sierra or whatever its full name allegedly was? *Lights fuse, runs like 🤬, watches fireworks from relatively safe distance* :lol:
 
It looks like a real car to me based on the lighting, but the weather looks too good for Silverstone (it is the Silverstone pit, right?).



I can't think of any part of Suzuka that could be with those features, including there being trees at the track edge, a barrier right up against the road on one side, and a lack of a visible turn ahead or in the mirror. It could be the poor quality of the two images we're discussing within the overall picture, but I don't think it's Suzuka, and I'm struggling to identify which track it is or where it could be at Suzuka. It looks reminiscent of Nürburgring Nordschleife, though, perhaps the mythical Zahara de la Sierra or whatever its full name allegedly was? *Lights fuse, runs like 🤬, watches fireworks from relatively safe distance* :lol:
It's the straight just before the turn into the chicane. Edit: Isn't that a picture from last year too?
 
It's the straight just before the turn into the chicane. Edit: Isn't that a picture from last year too?

I don't know about from last year, although I'm still not seeing Suzuka there. I did point out though, the image quality isn't high enough to see all the detail, so I suppose it could be the lead up to 130R with the end of the track appearing to be a crest due to that issue. Obviously I hope it's not, 'cause new tracks are always good. I also hope other people see it that way (and ignore logic, unlike myself) so I have funny rants to read in a few days from people who claim it was "promised" based on what I said. :lol:

Edit: Damn, now I've confused myself so much that I'm in six minds, two that think it's not Suzuka, two that think it is, one that doesn't care as long as hilarity ensues, and one that wants a sandwich.
 
I way to check would be run Suzuka in that car and check where your are at when you reach the 1:28 total time mark. If it looks similar give or take a few seconds than your seeing Suzuka. If not than it's a different course.
 
It looks reminiscent of Nürburgring Nordschleife

IT IS.....that is the dip in the first sector.

EDIT: just went to look for myself, it's not where I thought. :odd: :indiff:

The gameplay is of GT5 and I think it may be Suzuka and that is the section leading up to the hairpin out from under the bridge you can see in the rear view.
 
Last edited:
Not relevant.

On the other hand, I want the Nissan-Doran 370Z GT-Academy in GT6.

Arent there enough Nissans in the game?

How about a new Mercedes or Maserati for a change, nope!! PD cant hear us. Only japanese cars
 
Yeah it does look like the straight between Degner and the hairpin, past the bridge. I don't have access to my PS3 right now but some should go and see if it is Suzuka.
 
Arent there enough Nissans in the game?

How about a new Mercedes or Maserati for a change, nope!! PD cant hear us. Only japanese cars
Please don't start.

Of course I welcome other cars. I was meant GT Academy cars and thats what I want.
 
Arent there enough Nissans in the game?

How about a new Mercedes or Maserati for a change, nope!! PD cant hear us. Only japanese cars
So they shouldn't add a cool car that is realistic to add but take longer to get licenses for other cars
 
So they shouldn't add a cool car that is realistic to add but take longer to get licenses for other cars
I know tastes are subjective... but how can another academy car be considered cool, when is just a reskin of an existing car we have in game?
I didn't even buy the new ISF they added, is just an ISF with a bodykit and racing vinyls, is a reskinned car we got in game already.

But to your question, yes they shouldn't add these reskins today in the game and take a month or two (enough time to get licenses and model it) to give us some proper new cars.

Now if they would add in these reskins as a "filler" while they work on new cars, that would be ok for me, but we both are here for long enough to know they'll just throw them in and call it a day.
 
He's here:
oozVKAj.jpg

But the minimap looks strange - it is very zoomed in but it looks like there is 2 roads running parallel (no it's not a light pole) and the car position is not even on the track.
YGyvcX7.jpg
ga6Mq8r.jpg
 
Last edited:
Also note that image was released when GT-Academy North America was released, which is years ago. And thats GT5, notice the lack of position box, lack of country flags, noticeably different hud, and also zoomable map.
 
The gameplay is of GT5 and I think it may be Suzuka and that is the section leading up to the hairpin out from under the bridge you can see in the rear view.

Are you sure? That weather indicator looks abit GT6ish. This could have been an earlier build of GT6 (recall that the 2013 GT Academy competition was done on the very first, publically available early build of GT6).
 
Have I missed something in the past weeks as I have never seen the car in picture hanging at the background of the picture of the North American Academy...
It's a photograph of a Nissan GT Academy GT-R in the GP track pitlane at Silverstone. I drove the same car around Stowe at a GT Academy final (either UK final or Race Camp, I don't remember). It's not relevant to the game in any way.
 
R.S
But the minimap looks strange - it is very zoomed in but it looks like there is 2 roads running parallel (no it's not a light pole) and the car position is not even on the track.
He's using the minimap function that's like "very close" or whatever. It's just showing the road bloated up like a balloon, and the two lines you're seeing are the edges of the road. So that's not unusual.
 
And why 370Z GT Academy 2014, Leaf GT Academy 2014 and GT-R GT Academy 2014 are not given to us?
 
So it isn't the car rewarded to you upon getting all golds in GT5's S License?
 
Eks
So it isn't the car rewarded to you upon getting all golds in GT5's S License?
Yes but it is the 2009 GT Academy version.
 
Eks
So it isn't the car rewarded to you upon getting all golds in GT5's S License?
Yes but it is the 2009 GT Academy version.
Or, to translate from Harsk into English, no it isn't.

GT5's S-Licence prize car is a plain, 2009 GT-R road car with GT Academy 2009 badges on it. The car in the picture is this:

coverpic.jpg

It has never been in a GT game, but there are a fleet of them at Silverstone (at least 4) into which they stuff journalists to keep them busy while the GT Academy finalists are doing fitness and medical stuff. They're effectively road cars - I think based on the original 2007 GT-R - with vinyl wraps. And yes, that image is me driving it around Stowe.
 
Or, to translate from Harsk into English, no it isn't.

GT5's S-Licence prize car is a plain, 2009 GT-R road car with GT Academy 2009 badges on it. The car in the picture is this:

It has never been in a GT game, but there are a fleet of them at Silverstone (at least 4) into which they stuff journalists to keep them busy while the GT Academy finalists are doing fitness and medical stuff. They're effectively road cars - I think based on the original 2007 GT-R - with vinyl wraps. And yes, that image is me driving it around Stowe.
You drove pretty good, I guess...
 
Meh. Kept the instructor happy for the most part. We weren't timed or anything.
 
Not relevant.

On the other hand, I want the Nissan-Doran 370Z GT-Academy in GT6.
I would love that car, but I don't think the GT-Academy guy drives it anymore... I think he drives an Altima in the ST class...
 
You look more focused than having fun, but I'm sure it was just the gtr's force and you were having good times behind the wheel. You drive the r34 gt3's yet?
 
Back