NISMO TV video (GT-R GT3 2018 teased?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skygrasper550
  • 9 comments
  • 1,386 views

Skygrasper550

Just another Gran Turismo fan
Premium
Messages
3,263
Philippines
Philippines
Messages
skygrasper_550--


Came across this just now. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? I'm only browsing with my phone right now so I can't pick out the finer details. In that video, that is either the new 2018 version or a very impressive set of livery for the 2013 version. The headlights are the only thing I can compare.
 
Unfortunately It's just the new liveries in the old models...
 
1:04 is the GT-R Premium Edition. 2:53 is the GT-R we already have ingame, the cockpit of the GT-R GT3 '18 looks different (F1-esque wheel, different display, array of buttons turned to the driver) than what we can see here (a more circle-shaped wheel, the old-school MoTec display, buttons not visible from that POV but the overall shape implies that they are arranged as they are in the street version, parallel to the windscreen). Same with 3:42. 3:48 shows us a grille that is shaped just as it is on the car currently available. This is better seen at 4:29 and 4:42. I'm not going to take every frame with a GT-R on-screen apart (it's 2am around here darn it :lol:) but rest assured that this video, unfortunately, shows us nothing new. Not a bad video nonetheless if you're interested in the cross-over between virtual and real racing. :)
 
I see, thanks for the clarification. Still, I can't help but feel the video is a teaser. If not for the new GT-R, then for Spa, because Spa is the main focus of the video. Hmmm... 💡

*inb4 "But muh Spa Francorchamps" comments*
 
At some point there should be a "refresh" of sorts on some of the GT3s that shipped with the game. They added the 2017 RC F in an update, I don't see why they wouldn't add a newer GTR, Aston, or the 488 in future updates. (other than people whining about duplicates but who needs 'em)
 
At some point there should be a "refresh" of sorts on some of the GT3s that shipped with the game. They added the 2017 RC F in an update, I don't see why they wouldn't add a newer GTR, Aston, or the 488 in future updates. (other than people whining about duplicates but who needs 'em)

Assuming there is a season 2 of the FIA events, then I have a feeling that they will update/increase the racing roster before that starts.
 
At some point there should be a "refresh" of sorts on some of the GT3s that shipped with the game. They added the 2017 RC F in an update, I don't see why they wouldn't add a newer GTR, Aston, or the 488 in future updates. (other than people whining about duplicates but who needs 'em)
It would certainly be better to see newer GT3 machinery than older ones like the M3 and Ford GT appearing!
 
Assuming there is a season 2 of the FIA events, then I have a feeling that they will update/increase the racing roster before that starts.

I hope they can finally give manufactures that only have fantasy GT3s real life ones, like a Subaru getting the GT300 BRZ, or getting an official C7.R or new Ford GT. Though I doubt there's going to be any official IMSA content in GT Sport, which is a shame because Watkins Glen and Daytona are in my top 10 circuits. And seeing how it's a bit weird that we don't have any official GT4 cars, all the Continental GT Challenge cars would be perfect for Gr.4.
 
I hope they can finally give manufactures that only have fantasy GT3s real life ones, like a Subaru getting the GT300 BRZ, or getting an official C7.R or new Ford GT. Though I doubt there's going to be any official IMSA content in GT Sport, which is a shame because Watkins Glen and Daytona are in my top 10 circuits. And seeing how it's a bit weird that we don't have any official GT4 cars, all the Continental GT Challenge cars would be perfect for Gr.4.
We have the official Cayman and Vantage GT4s.
images

images
 
Back